Craving this means your missing this....

Options
I was just going to post the photo but I dont know how to...

Here is a list of foods that everyone craves and it shows what you might be missing if you crave it. Thought it was really good and wanted to share.

Here is the link:

http://healthwellness808.com/?p=1180

xx

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    hmmmm, interesting
  • l_oudman
    l_oudman Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Food for thought!
  • BrilliantSugar
    Options
    Thanks, I'm going to try this out...
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    That is very interesting, apart from the fact I am not convinced broccoli is the answer to every craving ..
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    We might be missing carbon from our diet despite the fact it's in every organic compound? Unlikely. And nitrogen despite being the most abundant gas in the air we breathe and unprocessed by the body? Protein, which formed from is various nitrogen-containing compounds, maybe, but that's a gross oversimplification. I suspect that article is rather unscientific.
  • Bosbes
    Bosbes Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Of course broccoli is the answer to every craving! Have you ever tried it, it's amazing! ;)
  • Cathyvil
    Cathyvil Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I really don't think that if you're craving tobacco it's because your body needs more silicon and tyrosine......
  • aboutdamntime
    Options
    Our bodies are much smarter than we often give them credit for. They'll tell you exactly what they need, be it vitamins, minerals, protein, exercise, stretching, cardio, etc...

Now, if only it were easy to learn how to listen to it!

I've found that when I have a few minutes, if I take a quick second to evaluate my body, I can learn alot about what I need to do to make the rest of the day better for myself. How do my mouth and my muscles feel? Do I need more water? Do I need to stretch? How does my stomach feel? Should I have a small, healthy snack to stave off the hunger pangs that are going to set in before I should really eat my next meal? Or, again, do I just need a bit more water?

What's funny, is that most of the time I feel 'off' in some way, I just need to drink more water, or find another way to up my vitamin intake (be it a supplement or a meal heavy in veggies/fruits.

Long story short, learn how to listen to your body. It's amazing what it can tell you.
  • Angelabec
    Angelabec Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly sure that when all I want is a glass on wine, a plate of broccoli isn't going to have the same effect! :laugh:
  • mbishop71
    mbishop71 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I really don't think that if you're craving tobacco it's because your body needs more silicon and tyrosine......

Agreed. Take it from a former smoker, it's because your body is craving the nicotine that it is/was addicted to!
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    I'm fairly sure that when all I want is a glass on wine, a plate of broccoli isn't going to have the same effect! :laugh:

Lol...yeh they not quiet the same lol
  • aprilgicker
    aprilgicker Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT, I crave WIne after all my kids have had a good one all day. LOL

However, I think if you eat healthier than the odd cravings will become quite infrequent. And since broccoli is one of those veggies that has most everything, eating it more would help you be more healthy.

Hense, the easy to read and obviously funny broccoli cures your cravings.
  • kellehbeans
    kellehbeans Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Of course broccoli is the answer to every craving! Have you ever tried it, it's amazing! ;)

I love broccoli! However, this article just made me laugh when on nearly every suggestion for cravings was broccoli and chicken. I would love to eat some broccoli right now, I'm pretty hungry. But I've settled for a fruit tea..