Running to lose body fat?

Options
Hi everyone,

I am hopeing someone could give me some tips on how to maximum my running workout to burn fat. I currently am able to run 15mins at 5.4miles per hour. and I walk at 3.8miles per hour in between running for about 5mins. should I change this to I am doing more of an interval running/walking, if so how? Or should I be building up my running so I can run for longer amounts of time?

Basically I am just wondering what is the best method to burn fat using the treadmill?

Thanks

Replies

• shymetallicagrl
    shymetallicagrl Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    have you tried the couch to 5k running program it sets up a good interval combo....and you could prolly skip the first few weeks :)
  • DarrenSeeley
    DarrenSeeley Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yep. interval training is the way to go. It will build your stamina and speed and increase your fat burn.

Personally I do 2minutes jog speed then one minute pretty much as fast as I can. I repeat this for about 20minutes then run to 5k to complete. You could do 2 minutes 1 minute for ten minutes, then keep running for another 5minutes To improve you can then adjust the time you run for at the end and also adjust your jog and all out speeds.

Good luck!
  • meli_ssa4
    meli_ssa4 Posts: 66
    Options
    Nope I haven't tried the couch to 5k.

I will have to look it up and see what it is all about.

So interval training will most likely give me the best bang for my buck?