triceps?????

Options
Okay so I'll make it short. I can't get rid of these WINGS!! Help me out... I'm willing to do the work!

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Strength train and cardio... Can't spot reduce fat. It will leave when it wants to leave.
  • DarrenSeeley
    DarrenSeeley Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ...and a good diet plan for fat loss
  • chrishgt4
    chrishgt4 Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Strength train and cardio... Can't spot reduce fat. It will leave when it wants to leave.

This is true - but spot training can make the muscle more 'toned', and so it holds the surrounding fat in a bit more.

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep rope pulldowns (love these)
    Tricep dips

In fact just have a browse through here...

http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ArmWt.html
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

This is true - but spot training can make the muscle more 'toned', and so it holds the surrounding fat in a bit more.

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep dips

You would just have a muscle that is under fat.

1. Diet
    2. Weight training.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep dips

1. Diet
    2. Weight training.
    Well that advice is under the assumption that she is still eating right to lose weight, and not that simply building muscle is a solution to having fat.

And also - muscle under fat looks better than fat alone.
  • AntWrig
    Options

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep dips

1. Diet
    2. Weight training.
    Well that advice is under the assumption that she is still eating right to lose weight, and not that simply building muscle is a solution to having fat.

Tell that to millions who have "abs" from years of doing billions of crunches.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep dips

1. Diet
    2. Weight training.

Tell that to the millions who have flatter stomachs irrespective of whether their abs show or not.

Are you actually arguing that muscle doesn't hold your body in a better way?!
  • Mrsairforce
    Mrsairforce Posts: 130
    Options
    I hate the dreaded wings....what I do is my strength training first both at the gym and with my barbell set at home, so I'll work on my back, triceps, biceps, etc and then once I am finished with strength, I do about 45 minutes of cardio. I do this Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Tuesday and Thursday I only have time for cardio because I work out with my husband before he goes to work, since those are his mandatory PT days. Saturday and Sunday are my rest days. I've lost a little on my arms but nowhere compared to what I've lost in my waist and hips. You will get there, just keep working out, make sure you get some strength training in with your cardio. I also have handgrip weights I wear when I walk the dog. They are only 10 pounds but feel much heavier. I don't know if its doing anything but it hurts my upper arms! :)
  • AntWrig
    Options

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep dips

1. Diet
    2. Weight training.

Tell that to the millions who have flatter stomachs irrespective of whether their abs show or not.

Sure it does.
  • chrishgt4
    Options

Tricep pushdowns,
    Tricep dips

1. Diet
    2. Weight training.

Sure it does.

cool then we agree
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options

You don't need cardio, just a caloric deficit (you can get there with diet alone or with diet and exercise) but I agree 100% with the strength training.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options

You don't need cardio, just a caloric deficit (you can get there with diet alone or with diet and exercise) but I agree 100% with the strength training.

This ^

But make sure as well to work all your major muscle groups the same amount of times. ie. arms 3 different exercises, back 3 exercises, shoulders, legs, etc
  • newtattie
    newtattie Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A really simple exercise - do press ups, on knees if must, straight back - normal, BUT turn your hands in so your finger tips are pointing towards each other - you will feel it in your triceps not biceps