whats wrong wuth me....

Options
I used to workout all the time. And all if a sudden the last two weeks i just dont want to workout. Why is this happening, i was doing so well and all of a sudden this.. WHY

Replies

• Melissaol
    Melissaol Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Its like wgen you stop dor alittle while it gets harder and hardee to get back.
  • louisau
    louisau Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    It could be nutrition. Log your food and make sure you eat at least 1200 cal per day
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Its like wgen you stop dor alittle while it gets harder and hardee to get back.

And now I am craving Hardee's. Thanks. :P
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I've been in the same boat recently, Just try to push yourself through the lack of motivation. True character isn't reflected by times that are easy, it's the tough times that really show who you are. You can do it!
  • kak2m4
    kak2m4 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Or it could be loss of motivation. It can come and go in waves. As much as it sucks sometimes, make yourself work out even if you don't want to. I think this has many benefits: you increase your willpower, you've worked out like you need to be doing, you usually feel better afterward, and you'll never regret working out, but you will regret NOT working out.

Just MAKE yourself do it. You'll benefit in the long run.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    You may be tired, not getting enough sleep or even just stressed can make me lack motivation. Try taking a brisk walk for a few minutes and see if that gives you a kickstart.
  • vakaranshah786
    vakaranshah786 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    u need motivation everyone has those off days you just need to try something different, something you enjoy doin
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    try baby steps. I find that if I can get myself dressed to work out there is a better chance I will actually make it to the gym. For a while I would go to the gym at night after my daughter went to bed, so when I got home from work I would get my clothes changed before I made dinner. maybe something like that would work for you:)
  • willidewbaby
    willidewbaby Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Pick a new workout
  • blessmy5
    blessmy5 Posts: 95
    Options
    I don't like doing dishes or cleaning my house, but I make myself do it because I feel better and more relaxed when it's done. Same goes for exercise. As NIKE says: Just Do It!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    It can be any number of things. Lack of energy can stem from not enough calories eaten to not enough water consumed. Your diary lately has been spotty, so it's hard to tell what you've been eating. Start there. Track your food completely and start a new, more interesting workout. Try something new and fun. That will take the blah factor out of it.
  • millikenhomeschool
    Options
    I agree with the person that says, "Pick a new workout." Try something different. Or grab a friend to join you. Go for a walk. just keep moving!
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    Do you enjoy the exercises you have been doing? Maybe you should try something new. Joine some classes, try a new sport, etc. You need to keep yourself engaged!

Maybe it is loss of motivation? You could be tired, and stressed out. You need to recharge yourself! Find some inspiration both online and in person. Maybe joine a supportive group that will keep you inspired! Also, regularly reward yourself to keep exercising fun. Once your each a certain milestone or goal then give yourself a treat....treats don't have to be food...it could be buying yourself something new....spa day, etc.
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    It happens to most of us :) Change it up. Switch workouts, do something new in your diet. Start a new exercise program? Have a new goal in mind? Make mini goals! Sometimes looking at the overall picture is overwhelming. I try and do monthly accomplishments or make myself take pictures on a certain date.. etc. Just do something NEW and you'll get back into it. Best of luck doll :)
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Pick a new workout

^^THIS
  • Wendysworld13
    Wendysworld13 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong with you. We did not get this way because we were motivated to do the things that were good for our bodies.

I repeat what others have said, try something new and just do it, even if you don't want to. The weak give in, the strong say "I CAN".

Congrats on remembering you are human!
  • miracole
    miracole Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    sounds like you aren't getting as pumped from your workouts as you were previously, it may be time to change up the routine a bit. If you normally go to the gym, try going for a hike or a run outside. If you run? go for a swim. If all of that seems like way too much effort try some yoga. Sometimes if I don't feel like doing anything I toss on some loud music and just clean the house, after all even scrubbing dishes burns calories, and if I can add some dancing to it all the better.

Bottom line is give yourself a bit of a break, don't beat yourself up for not feeling like strapping on the running shoes. If you can't face a work out for a couple days it may just be your body's way of saying "ok I need a rest or a change in routine"- focus on your calorie intake instead, don't go over your limits, drink lots of water and you'll still make progress. The motivation will return, don't worry! And in the interim not stressing about it will make you less likely to reach for the chocolate...
  • SeeingButterflies
    Options
    Try changing up your work-out routine for a brief time. Grab a friend and go for a walk - maybe that is not at the level you were working out but at least you will be doing something and you will enjoy the company of your friend. Your desire to move forward will reappear when you resolve whatever it is that is holding you back - consider boredom with workout, fatigue, stress, depression, or any number of any other thing that can make you feel like being a couch potato is a good thing a possible culprit. Talking out where you are mentally and emotionally may help you determine the cause.
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Nothing worng with you, we all have these days, or weeks where we just dont want too...but, you know you should and you just got to push yourself and do it, and remember that great feeling after your done! Maybe you are not eating enough, not enjoying yor workout routine....hard to get into it, if its not something you enjoy! Set a new goal and go for it!!!!
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I'll add one more vote for the "switch up your routine" responders. Over the past 2 years I had been doing one of my company's fitness camps, focused on walking/running with some core strength exercises built into the workout. At the end of last year, I felt I had gone as far as I could go with it, and, while I was still "in to" the workouts, I just wasn't motivated to push myself. This January I switched up to the next level (full blown boot camp). It's working areas I know are problems for me, and my motivation to do more/different things outside of the once-a-week camp has increased, too. It's funny how one little change can have a big impact on your entire attitude.

The other piece of advice I'd give you is to find something other than the general idea of fitness to motivate you. One thing that's kept me running over the past year was plunking down a butt-load of money for Disney's Princess half-marathon and I have also signed up for a couple more races toward the end of the year. I spent the money, so, in my mind, I need to make sure it's not wasted. Whether it's a half-marathon, full marathon or "just" a 5K, if you invest some of your hard-earned cash into it, you'll be motivated to make sure you perform (at least that works for me).