Florida Weather

Options
redsteve65
redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
Hi everybody. I have a simple question to ask.

I'm from the UK and at the end of this month my family and I are flying to Florida for a 2 week holiday. I know it is too early to be precise but generally speaking what is the weather like in Florida in early April. I know it is known as the Sunshine state but does this mean it will probably be warm enouugh to wear shorts? Will I need a jumper for the evenings?

Thanks for your patience.

Replies

• runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    When I went in late April a couple of years ago, summer clothes were definitely NOT a problem during the day. It was very warm as soon as the sun came up. In the past I've been later in the year and it's been even hotter right into the night, but in late April a light jumper was needed for a comfortable evening/night out.
  • Poptartz
    Poptartz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Florida for most of my life, right near Disney. We really haven't had much cold weather at all this winter. It is already set to hit 90 degrees this weekend. In early April you can definitely wear summer clothing comfortably. There may be an occasional slightly cool night in April, but that is not very often, at least in the area of Florida I live in. It may be good to have a light sweater just in case though, for late nights out.
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    It's pretty much shorts weather every day here for me haha, we usually get minor cold fronts a day or two after it rains during the winter but nothing major. Night can be breezy sometimes, but it feels great.
  • redsteve65
    Options
    Thanks for all your help. Sounds like I can pack light which means that my spare baggage allowance can be taken by my wife! :smile:
  • og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Our highs have been in the 90 deg F and at night it's gotten as low as 50 deg's F. This week has been fairly decent, not to hot. But if you want hot come down in August! Bring yourself some shorts and maybe a very light jacket.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    it was 65 when i woke up today!!
    my daughters Bday is in April.. It can really go either way.. Some years its a bit windy, which makes you feel the chill (still can hit the beach tho!) and other years im pealing off the layers!
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    oh and yea, i would bring shorts for sure!
  • og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    it was 65 when i woke up today!!
    my daughters Bday is in April.. It can really go either way.. Some years its a bit windy, which makes you feel the chill (still can hit the beach tho!) and other years im pealing off the layers!

Shooot I don't peel off ne thing yet!! One day I will though!
  • Cberg9
    Cberg9 Posts: 123
    Options
    It's already 78 degrees here in central FL!
  • redsteve65
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for taking the time to reply.

Very much looking forward to escaping the UK weather for somewhere much warmer.
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    It's the best time of the year to visit. Like everyone said, summer clothes all the way. Bring some sweaters if the nights are cold (but they may not be) and for the cold air conditioned restaurants.

Hope you have a fantastic vacation!!!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I'm in Tampa, its about 72 right now.. It was about 82 yesterday. Pack shorts!
  • JamCubeChi
    JamCubeChi Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Summer clothes are in order. Shorts, swim suites, etc. The early mornings and evenings may get a bit cool, maybe only need a light sweater if at all but usually by 9:00-10 am it's pretty warm (80's-90's F) April can be a bit breezy but withthe warm air, it's just pleasant! Mid July & August is when you can fry an egg on the car-lol.:smile:
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    It's been unseasonably warm. I'm in south FL by the beach. You could probably get away with not packing even a light sweater down here.
  • flowrinmyhair
    Options
    My roommate is from Florida!! She ALWAYS takes shorts and shortsleeves at this point. It might be a touch cooler at night, but I think summer clothes for the most part are good.
  • BeautyisBeingU
    BeautyisBeingU Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I live in the St. Peterburg 10min from the beach and it’s hot enough for you to go swimming today. April the temp will be at low of 81 good luck on handling the humidity here is FL which will make it feel like 98. Short and flip flops here you come!