Visalus People having trouble meeting daily calories

Options
I am doing the 90 Day Challenge by Visalus. Im doing fanatastic and the results are amazing. My only concern is that I cant seem to eat enough calories. I have a shake for breakfast, one for lunch and whatever I want for supper. I also run every second day (or I try to run. Just started the c25k program) The shakes are very filling so Im not hungry, so I dont snack through out the day. The problem is that at the end of the day I am only eating around 900 calories. Im not hungry, have tons of energy and feel great. But Im worried that Im not eating enough. Any other visalus users having this problem too?

Replies

• losingthisweight
    Options
    I don't worry about calories as much as I worry about my nutrition. As long as I'm getting all the nutrition my body needs during the day and I'm not hungry, that's fine with me!
  • bybybelly
    bybybelly Posts: 56
    Options
    I find that I do have extra calories because of my shakes but as long as I get my protein and other important nutrients I am not too concerned. There are some great recipes out there for the shakes that might help up your caloric content. Maybe try asking your Vi rep for some tips or new recipes.

Good Luck!
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I am doing the 90 Day Challenge by Visalus. Im doing fanatastic and the results are amazing. My only concern is that I cant seem to eat enough calories. I have a shake for breakfast, one for lunch and whatever I want for supper. I also run every second day (or I try to run. Just started the c25k program) The shakes are very filling so Im not hungry, so I dont snack through out the day. The problem is that at the end of the day I am only eating around 900 calories. Im not hungry, have tons of energy and feel great. But Im worried that Im not eating enough. Any other visalus users having this problem too?

Eat more. Period. Any additional "tips" on this are moot, and any 900 cal/day meal plan (unless you're on a very specific diet for a medical condition and being directed by a licensed medical professional) is suspect at best, dangerous at worst.
  • seansquared
    seansquared Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    I don't worry about calories as much as I worry about my nutrition. As long as I'm getting all the nutrition my body needs during the day and I'm not hungry, that's fine with me!

This is a terrible nutrition philosophy to hold. You need to eat enough food to fuel your body and your metabolism so that you can lose weight. This is why people who actually eat to their caloric goal be it 1200, 1500, 1900 cals, whatever., lose weight while people who starve themselves do not.
  • natalie2355
    natalie2355 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm doing visalus and working with a nutritionist. I get 1400kcal/day and i use the shakes mostly to increase my protein intake... more supplements to meals instead of actual meals. I'm down 10 lbs so far so i guess im doing something right :) add me if you want some vi-motivation! good luck with the challenge!!!!
  • melpap12
    melpap12 Posts: 50
    Options
    I have started adding yogurt to my shakes to help up my calories, and I do meet the nutrional goals for the day. Thanks!
  • melpap12
    melpap12 Posts: 50
    Options
    I have started adding yogut to my shakes and snacking on almonds in between. Thanks!
  • lisalovering
    lisalovering Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also am having trouble getting to 1200 calories that MFP says I need. Other programs say I need more like 1600 but I have not lost one pound in a month on Vi. From what I've read, my body may have gone into starvation mode. I'm sure my age (44) and metabolism are not helping. I do exercise 4-5/week. Any suggestions?