Water....How do you get your daily allowance in?

Options
pammye65
pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
I drink it :wink:

I <3 you. Came to post the same thing :D

Its too early in our relationship to be talking about love but I :heart: you too....:bigsmile:

Now that's just #winning. Good job, I actually laughed out loud :P
So glad Im responsible for a budding relationship!

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Just start drinking plain water. You'll be surprised at how quickly you'll get used to it!
    One trick I did to get hubby and daughter to start drinking more water was to buy us all fun stainless steel bottles (Star Trek for him, Cookie Monster for her, and Bruce Lee for me). I got a size that is easy to slip in my purse or cup holder of my car, and it's 25 oz, so I try to fill it 3 times a day. Much easier to keep up. And my daughter tells me that since she always has water within reach, she doesn't get as thirsty and buys less Dr. Pepper.
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just drink it. I don't drink my calories unless its wine, patron or vodka so I just guzzle the water down. Was hard at first especially since I was never a water drinker unless it was super hot outside, now I'm constantly drinking it.
  • samanthagreen3
    samanthagreen3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I drink tea all day! I drink lady grey or green tea and don't take milk or sugar. As far as i know the water doesn't change into anything else when i put the tea bag in, so i must be drinking water! Tea's got lots of anti-oxidants in too so it's good for you! I'm not a fizzy pop drinker anyway (gives me hicups!) and i am not a fan of fruit juice because of the calories (although i am partial to a cranberry and gin every now and again). When im exercising i drink pure water, but I actually like water. I sometimes have low calorie squash but find it doesn't quench my thirst..maybe the sugar or something?

also another thing i sometimes make is sugar free jelly. I love it! I don't know if I should count it as water intake but i sure don't feel thirsty after a bowl!
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I drink it :wink:

I <3 you. Came to post the same thing :D

Its too early in our relationship to be talking about love but I :heart: you too....:bigsmile:

Now that's just #winning. Good job, I actually laughed out loud :P
    So glad Im responsible for a budding relationship!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I just drink it, too.

I like mine cold, but not FRIGID.... so I take 1 bottle out of the fridge while I'm drinking my coffe. Half an hour later, I chug it back and take another one out. That way, I always have one that is " drinkable ".

Also, I tend to eat foods that require a lot of water - peanut butter, foods with a LOT of spice, etc. I add hotsauce to pretty much everything. ( The lady in the Frank's Red Hot commercials? Describes me perfectly! ). I very often drink an entire liter at lunch, and a liter at dinner.
  • cmbrysonussery
    cmbrysonussery Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I really prefer something other than water at meals, but come lunch time if I'm not halfway there I "have" to drink water with my lunch and dinner. So I push myself early in the day to drink the water...and I carry a bottle all the time. I also try to order what when I go out to eat (way cheaper than a $3 soda) to help combat all the extra fat and sodium in restaurant foods.
    I do better when I am working than when I am at home, so I try to really get in the water on work days.
    I actually went about 3 years drinking only water to see if cutting diet soda out would help with the weight, but it didn't help for me.
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I start in the morning and usually by lunch I have more that half of my 8 cups gone. Try adding lemon or lime juice to flavor it a bit. I don't count my coffee even though I drink it black no sugar.
  • Mommiana
    Mommiana Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I don't care for all that water either but it is good for you. That's the first thing I do in the morning....I keep a big glass on my nightstand and always carry a bottle with me and in my car. Just think of it as a really good thing for your body :) Good luck!
  • Queencrow
    Options
    I don't like cold water, so I drink 3or 4 bottles of Deer Park at room temperature. Each bottle is 16.9 ounces and therefore I get 50.70 for 3 bottles or 67.60 for 4 bottles and I do not count my tea or coffee. I found the more water I drink, the less food I consume.
  • khelwig
    khelwig Posts: 15
    Options
    I use lots of supplements with water, but I also drink a lot of water flavored with a squirt of MIO. You can adjust the flavor to your liking. I don't prefer very sweet water, so I just put one small squirt in a water bottle several times a day and it satisfies my water intake. There are some great flavors including Orange/Tangerine, Peach Tea, Blueberry/Pomegranate, Sweet Tea, and more. MIO Energy is also available with a kick of caffeine (but don't overdo it or it defeats the purpose of drinking water as caffeine is a diuretic.)
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Prior to starting to watch what I ate I NEVER, and I mean NEVER drank water....hated it even...I mean, how boring can it get??? I was a big tea drinker and ginger ale. BUT I knew I had to cut that out and just suck it up and drink it. I eased into it at first, just having one bottle a day then upping it and now I have my tea (or two) in the morning (personally I don't count that as my water for the day) and now I am up to drinking at least 5 bottles a day! There's two cups in one water bottle so that's ten cups a day!
    Once you start you eventually crave it and just think how awesome it is for your body! If I can do it you van too!
  • Shaneekwa
    Shaneekwa Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Just drink it. I don't drink my calories unless its wine, patron or vodka so I just guzzle the water down. Was hard at first especially since I was never a water drinker unless it was super hot outside, now I'm constantly drinking it.
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Prior to starting to watch what I ate I NEVER, and I mean NEVER drank water....hated it even...I mean, how boring can it get??? I was a big tea drinker and ginger ale. BUT I knew I had to cut that out and just suck it up and drink it. I eased into it at first, just having one bottle a day then upping it and now I have my tea (or two) in the morning (personally I don't count that as my water for the day) and now I am up to drinking at least 5 bottles a day! There's two cups in one water bottle so that's ten cups a day!
    Once you start you eventually crave it and just think how awesome it is for your body! If I can do it you van too!