Mom's with small kids.... need motivation and support

Options
Hi
I am new here and would like to start a support group for moms with young kids. I am a 27 year old mom. I have of an 8 year old boy, 6 year old girl, and 3 year old twin boys. I have 2 weight loss goals my first one is to lose 8 pounds and second goal is to possibly lose another 10.
Anyone want to join??

I feel great so far, I've earned an extra 600+ Calories today from exercise!

This is posted on the wall at the gym I attend:
~ Success is a journey, not a destination ~

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new here and would like to start a support group for moms with young kids. I am a 27 year old mom. I have of an 8 year old boy, 6 year old girl, and 3 year old twin boys. I have 2 weight loss goals my first one is to lose 8 pounds and second goal is to possibly lose another 10.
    Anyone want to join??

first of all...DANG!!! What did you do to burn 600 cals ? :happy:

AND ...I'm a mom of two...5 year old boy and 2 year old girl...
    I'm all for sharing advice and tips on what works. We do have to be a little more creative than most :happy: I'm a stay-at-home-mom, so I'm with the kiddos 24/7 and have to get creative sometimes with getting my workouts in :smile:
  • ssvoboda2
    ssvoboda2 Posts: 14
    Options
    I just joined this weekend.....I hve a one yr old and a soon-to-be 3 yr old. My life revolves around them when I am not at work. Any hints advice would be welcomed!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I have two young boys ... they're 4 and 6. I have six more pounds to my first goal which is a healthy BMI. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do after that .. at least shave off another 5 to give myself a nice buffer zone.

I don't have too many extra calories today ... it's stretch day. Though I might bump it up a little with some swimming if it gets hotter later.
  • s_sanchez
    s_sanchez Posts: 96
    Options
    Hello! I'm 29 and I have a 6 year old girl and a 3 year old boy. I work full time and spend time with them when I'm home so it's difficult to always get my workouts in. My goal is to lose 15 pounds (10 more to go) and see where that leaves me, possibly another 5 after that.
  • wendymuse
    wendymuse Posts: 39
    Options
    I would love to join the support group. I just joined myfitness last wednesday. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mother of 6. Their ages are 13, 12, 6,5,3 and a 4 month old. This website has been so helpful and I look forward to meeting new friends.:happy:
  • amatheson33
    Options
    I am 29 years old. Mom of 3 a 5 year old son and 3 year old twin girls! I have the best friend in the whole world who motivates me to no end!! Im looking forward to using this website as an amazing tool to keep me on track and hopefully meeting some new gym buddies along the way!!! :tongue:
  • katealim
    katealim Posts: 45
    Options
    I am a 26 year old stay at home mom with 2 daughters. I have a 6 year old (Alisha) and a 4 year old (Kaitlyn) who has cerebral palsy. Needless to say I don't always have the time to get out and exercise but I do force myself to find time to go to the gym as much as I can...unfortunately that's not all that often. I would also love to get extra tips and advice..and share some of my own.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I would love to join this group too!! I am also a stay at home homeschooling mom of 4 boys ages 16, 14, 12 & 7. I am so close to my goal weight and to be a healthy wife and mom that sometimes it seems I just get stuck and need new ideas. I found MFP last month and this site has helped me to stay focused and drop another 6 pounds!! I can't wait to hear from other moms who are on this same journey, and not only geting healthy for ourselves, but for our familes too.
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    Hi
    Anyone want to join??

first of all...DANG!!! What did you do to burn 600 cals ? :happy:

AND ...I'm a mom of two...5 year old boy and 2 year old girl...
    I'm all for sharing advice and tips on what works. We do have to be a little more creative than most :happy: I'm a stay-at-home-mom, so I'm with the kiddos 24/7 and have to get creative sometimes with getting my workouts in :smile:

I agree with you on having to get creative when trying to get a workout in. My kids are pretty active so in the evenings right before bed I've been taking them for a bike ride. I do not own a bike so I have to keep up to them while pushing a stroller :smile: It makes for an interesting walk/jog. But it gets the kids out of the house and keeps me away from the junkfood before bed.
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    I just joined this weekend.....I hve a one yr old and a soon-to-be 3 yr old. My life revolves around them when I am not at work. Any hints advice would be welcomed!

Wow, a 3 year old and a 1 year old you guys must be busy :smile: What kind of tips are you looking for? Are you needing advice on when to fit workouts in or is it more the food? I find for myself it's more on the food side that'd I'd like some more idea's. It'd be nice to find some more suggestions for heathlier snacks for my kids and myself.
    Good Luck on your weight loss journey
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    I have two young boys ... they're 4 and 6. I have six more pounds to my first goal which is a healthy BMI. And I'm not sure what I'm going to do after that .. at least shave off another 5 to give myself a nice buffer zone.

I don't have too many extra calories today ... it's stretch day. Though I might bump it up a little with some swimming if it gets hotter later.

Sounds like you have everything undercontrol it's great motivation to hear about someone elses success. Feel free to share some tips you've discovered along the way.
  • monica9978
    monica9978 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    i would like to join i a lso have 3 children 12 year old girl a 8 year old boy and a 4 year old girl i need to feel better about myself right now i don't so support would be awesome and someone to be accountable to .
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    I would love to join the support group. I just joined myfitness last wednesday. I am a stay at home, homeschooling mother of 6. Their ages are 13, 12, 6,5,3 and a 4 month old. This website has been so helpful and I look forward to meeting new friends.:happy:

Wow you must be organized! I admire you for starting up right after having a baby :smile:
    You must have some great idea's for cooking heathly with 6 kids. Feel free to share :tongue:
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    I would love to join this group too!! I am also a stay at home homeschooling mom of 4 boys ages 16, 14, 12 & 7. I am so close to my goal weight and to be a healthy wife and mom that sometimes it seems I just get stuck and need new ideas. I found MFP last month and this site has helped me to stay focused and drop another 6 pounds!! I can't wait to hear from other moms who are on this same journey, and not only geting healthy for ourselves, but for our familes too.

Congrats on all that you've accomplished and doing it while taking care of your family. I also have lost most of the weight by watching what I eat and going to the gym regularly. I am on the home stretch now and am finding it hard. I already know that this website is going to be great motivation thanks for sharing.
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,
    I hope everyone is off to a good start. I know I am most motivated in the morning. Just wondering if everyone wants to post there favourite healthy snack...... I'm looking to change it up a little.

My fav would be 2 rice cakes with tbsp of peanut butter and the kids LOVE it..... BUT you can only eat so much of it :smile:

Can't wait to hear what everyone's idea's are

Happy Friday
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    i would like to join

The more the merrier.
    I am sure we would all like to hear a little bit about your weight loss journey. And if you have any great idea's we would love to hear them :smile:
  • aimeeloucallan
    Options
    Okay I just came across this so I thought I would share it! It made me smile.....

Ellen Degeneres
    You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.
  • wendymuse
    Options

Wow you must be organized! I admire you for starting up right after having a baby :smile:
    You must have some great idea's for cooking heathly with 6 kids. Feel free to share :tongue:

I am more organized now with a large family than I used to be but I still have a ways to go. LOL:laugh:

However, I am looking for healthier meals that I can serve not just for me trying to lose weight but also to my whole family as I don't want them to ever have to battle the weight issues I have. I had to start pushing the weight loss after having my baby because it was just catching up with me. I want to be able to play with my kids and we have a ministry and homeschooling (I stay busy). I was just so heavy and tired. I just turned the big 39 in May and had to do something. This website has been an answer to prayer. Also, my husband only had about 20 lbs to lose, but he started losing with me so that has been a help as well.
  • wendymuse
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

It's nice to meet other large homeschooling families. I have 4 boys and now finally 2 girls.