Pyle Sports HRM

Options
Does anyone have a Pyle HRM? How does it work? Any pointers?

I`m waiting for mine do be delivered (the Pyle Sports PHRM38)

Replies

• kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Pickles11
    Pickles11 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I have one! I searched and didn't really find any other people on here that have one. I love it- sometimes during a looong workout, it'll get a bit messed up and say that my HR is like 50 but I just adjust it a bit and it works again. It definitely seems accurate to me- I was shocked at how few calories I burn during workouts, but it's what has helped me lose the weight because I'm no longer way overestimating my burn! Tell me what you think of it when you try it out! Yours will have the chest strap too, right?
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    I believe so! As far as I know, yes. I can't wait for it to get here. (even better that I got a great deal on it)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    I don't know the particular model, but I have a Pyle. It was cheap and it works great. Months into using it with no problems.
  • Pickles11
    Options
    I've also been using mine since about December and no problems. It was a pretty good deal too.
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    That's great news! :D I'd be a little disappointed if I was hearing otherwise.
  • min84
    min84 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have the same model and got mine about month ago....I use it at the gym and for my insanity workouts. I find the cal burn and heart rate readings to be really accurate. At first i was a little bummed to see that I was actually burning less calories than I had previously thought (the machines at the gym were giving me readings about 100-150 cals higher than the hrm) but its definitely a good tool to help you push further :)

p.s. make sure to enter your weight in kgs and not lbs....when I first programmed my weight into the watch I inputted my actual weight in lbs and not kgs and so my readings were super high until I realized that something was wonky and realized that I mistook the weight input to be in lbs rather than kgs.

let us know how u like it when it arrives :)
  • Pickles11
    Options
    I have the same model and got mine about month ago....I use it at the gym and for my insanity workouts. I find the cal burn and heart rate readings to be really accurate. At first i was a little bummed to see that I was actually burning less calories than I had previously thought (the machines at the gym were giving me readings about 100-150 cals higher than the hrm) but its definitely a good tool to help you push further :)

p.s. make sure to enter your weight in kgs and not lbs....when I first programmed my weight into the watch I inputted my actual weight in lbs and not kgs and so my readings were super high until I realized that something was wonky and realized that I mistook the weight input to be in lbs rather than kgs.

let us know how u like it when it arrives :)

Maybe I don't have the exact same model, because mine asked for my weight in lbs- maybe it asked during setup which system? I guess either way just make sure you check which they are asking for.
  • wayne4825
    wayne4825 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I am waiting on mine to arrive via ups. I'm excited to have a more accurate account of calories burned.