mid life spices

Options
:bigsmile: hoping to be friends like minded individuals who don't accept they need to be out of shape or put out to pasture :noway: , and who really do believe life begins at 40 : no excuses , kids, time, opportunity lets get :mad: lets get:angry: lets get ripped:happy:

Replies

• Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not quite 40 yet...close to it....would love to be friends! Sending a request!!!
  • itypealot
    Options
    I'm in! Girl, you are young.... I was at my best at age 40. You can do this!!! The most important part is starting to work at it NOW. I will be 50 in two weeks and for the last 8 years, I have just let everything go. I wished I had kept exercising insteading of giving up. It's never too late though...and I'm motivated to get it done!
  • fhacker
    fhacker Posts: 57
    Options
    I'm with you! At 45 I've found my 40's to be vastly better than my 30's.
  • texna
    texna Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi I just joined this week, I am 52 and just started working out again after 30 years of marriage. I feel great as I started to concentrate on myself last year. I have gone from a size 14 to 10 never, never thougt I could do it again. My husband started just as well and we feel 20 again!!!! I wish I didn't let myself go as I started my married life but it's never to late. Have a lot of flab to work on any ideas from you 30/40 year olds? Threadmill Walking 45 mins, stationery bike 20 to 30 mins, and machine lifting 5 machines did it the first year. PLUS cutting in half what I eat....
  • touchesize
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
  • balvarez0810
    Options
    Trying to concentrate on myself. I too need all the help I can muster!!! Having a hard time and feeling deprived. Had chocolate today :noway:
  • Brunner26_2
    Brunner26_2 Posts: 1,152
    Options
    I'm in! Girl, you are young.... I was at my best at age 40. You can do this!!! The most important part is starting to work at it NOW. I will be 50 in two weeks and for the last 8 years, I have just let everything go. I wished I had kept exercising insteading of giving up. It's never too late though...and I'm motivated to get it done!

OP is a guy lol
  • touchesize
    Options
    I am male married with three kids , just haven't got round to finishing my profile yet
  • mom2tek
    mom2tek Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm 41 and started with MFP January 1st. I seem to go in phases. I'll eat right and loose weight and feel great and then I'll let all my progress go down the toilet and eat bad and gain weight again. It seems to follow with the seasons and stress. I really want to change that this time and improve my physical and mental wellness and also that of my husbands. We have to young boys that keep us very busy with sports almost nightly. I've run 5k's the last 3 years but last year only got to 1 because of our busy schedules. This summer I'm determined to loose weight and be in the best shape ever and run more 5k's.