FIber plus chewy bars

Options
taunto
taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
umm, how bad are they? I typically tend to avoid the too much chemical stuff (as you can see from my diary, alot of the things in my diary consists of my own recipes I cook to easily add in). But this stuff looks really good on paper. Good amount of fiber, decent calories and not too high in sugar + it tastes great! I wouldnt mind finding out how bad is it for me? I usually try to restrict myself to max of 1 a day and use it to fill in my quota of fiber or to fill in the calories gap I have since I live a busy life and it gets hard to plan every single thing.

Replies

• taunto
    Options
    Bump
  • AMS58
    AMS58 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I brought high fibre bars in the past and found they upset my stomach so much, stomach cramps and lots of flatulence. Got rid of them quickly. My daughter had the same problem, so wondered if they affected other people the same way :blushing:
  • taunto
    Options
    So far, atleast this brand of fiber bar hasnt given me any troubles
  • HeidiRene
    HeidiRene Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Never had that particular product but in my experience A LOT of Fiber One brand things have trans fat so beware. It kills me that so many items marketed as "healthy" or "no trans fat" actually contain trans fat. Always have to check the ingredients yourself.
  • monocot
    monocot Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    If you're having issues with getting your fiber in. Which I personally always have a issue with.
    Why not start eating Raspberries or adding Flax to your food.
    Raspberries for 1 Cup is 80 calories and has 9 Grams of Fiber!
    And Every meal I had 1.5 Tsp of Golden roasted flax to my meals which is only 45 calories and has 3 Grams of Fiber. 2 tbsp is 90 calories and like 6 grams of fiber.
  • BEKinsman
    Options
    I'd stay far far away from the bars. I'm not a big fan of flax either... but I'd also heavily recommend raspberries! They aren't that great tasting this time of year (compared to when you can freshly pick em) but they are still good and one of the best fruit you can eat. All the berries are good (blueberry, raspberry, and blackberry especially).
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    I often eat cereal bars as I travel a lot - I found that the kelloggs fibre bars are one of the best bars out there nutriotionally (in terms of carbs, sugar etc) however they still contain FAR TOO MUCH SUGAR and so I'm trying to look for alternatives. I recently bought some Atkin breakfast bars to help cut down on the carbs and sugar but am still looking for better options..........
  • 4EverFit2B
    4EverFit2B Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    *Bump*

If anyone has some great alternatives - if Kellogg’s Fiber Plus bars are indeed higher in sugar - please share....

I have been desperately looking for a night time sweet snack!! (If there is a thread on this as well, please share. :flowerforyou: )
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You wont die from eating them.
  • cal_73
    cal_73 Posts: 77
    Options
    Hemp Protein Powder!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I ate those for a while and had no issues with them. Honestly, I think at some level how "bad" something is for you depends on personal opinion. For example, one person might think anything high-calorie is "bad", while another is fine with high calories but thinks anything processed is "bad." If you like them and eating something processed once in a while doesn't bother you, I say go for it!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like Kashi Chewy Granola bars. The Trail Mix ver has 140 cal, 6 g protein, 4 g fibre, 5 g fat, 20 g total carbs (6 g sugar).
  • nillapup
    nillapup Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I take something called promend.. It is a fiber chew with probiotics and it has cranberry in t so it is yummy.. if you are just looking for some additional iber sources.. there is only 2 grams of fiber but they are good for you and only 15 calories
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    My fiance likes them.... I figure it's better for him to eat than a candy bar, since he's not fully on the 'healthy' bandwagon like me..... I don't eat them, but I have absolutely no problem meeting my fiber goals.... I eat nuts, veggies, and some fruits.
  • FitandFab33
    FitandFab33 Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    Quick search for high fiber, low sugar fiber bars turned this up. I'm not a bit fan of sugar subs but you get the idea...

http://dashingdish.com/recipe/homemade-fit-granola-bars/
  • asticoral
    Options
    I like them and buy the biggest box I can, whenever a sweet tooth crave comes along or an uber messed-up eating day I can use one or two of them to stave off a donut or chocolate bar. Gas and all that can happen, but its based on not getting enough fiber all along then adding the chickory root (which is in the bars) to your system.
    Shop around read the ingredients on the boxes, there are great ones and not-so-hot ones out there.