Wetting the HRM By Polar.? help!

Options
2»

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Don't wet the metal snaps.. That will cause it to not read properly.

Wet the gray mesh area on the back.. and wash it in the washing machine(detergent only.. No fabric softener) and line dry.
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options

Wet the gray mesh area on the back.. and wash it in the washing machine(detergent only.. No fabric softener) and line dry.

So if I can't wet the metal snaps, how can I wash it in the washer?? I'm confused...
  • Cparent04
    Cparent04 Posts: 26 Member
    Options

So if I can't wet the metal snaps, how can I wash it in the washer?? I'm confused...

The snaps can get wet... but you hang it to dry after you wash it in the washing maching. Do not wet the snaps before a workout... only wet the electrode mesh areas on the part that touches your skin. Hope this helps!
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options

The snaps can get wet... but you hang it to dry after you wash it in the washing maching. Do not wet the snaps before a workout... only wet the electrode mesh areas on the part that touches your skin. Hope this helps!

Thank you for clarifying! :-)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    From the user manual for the FT7:

http://www.polar.fi/e_manuals/FT7/Polar_FT7_user_manual_English/manual.pdf
    Wear the Transmitter
    1. Wet the electrode areas of the
    strap well under running water.
    2. Attach the connector to the
    strap. Adjust the strap length to
    fit it tightly but comfortably.
    3. Tie the strap around your chest,
    just below the chest muscles,
    and attach the hook to the other
    end of the strap.
    4. Check that the wet electrode
    areas are firmly against your
    skin and that the Polar logo of
    the connector is in a central
    and upright position
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Wow sounds like so many different ideas! To wet the snaps or just the opposite side..hmmm.....cool that its all waterproof and u can swim in it!
  • StartingAnewDay
    StartingAnewDay Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Seems to me if it tells you to wet it by "running it under water" then it would be ok to get the snaps wet. Unless your uber anal and make shields of your hands so no water spashes and/or touches the snap feature, also, if you can swim in it, the snaps dont appear to be "waterproof" sealed themselves, not to mention, the back of the lil moniter says waterproof AND if you go the site, it recommends when changing the battery, changing the waterproof strip in the battery compartment. If ALL OF THAT doesn't tell you to not worry about the water.. then I don't think there will be any help to be found :sad: .. LOL :bigsmile:
  • Reckabek
    Reckabek Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Seems to me if it tells you to wet it by "running it under water" then it would be ok to get the snaps wet. Unless your uber anal and make shields of your hands so no water spashes and/or touches the snap feature, also, if you can swim in it, the snaps dont appear to be "waterproof" sealed themselves, not to mention, the back of the lil moniter says waterproof AND if you go the site, it recommends when changing the battery, changing the waterproof strip in the battery compartment. If ALL OF THAT doesn't tell you to not worry about the water.. then I don't think there will be any help to be found :sad: .. LOL :bigsmile:

Hehe! Thanks! I am an anal one for sure! But i feel better now. Didnt know it was waterproof till this posting! Thanks again