Six Weeks In

Options
After six weeks of calorie counting and exercise, I have lost 16 lbs. Not as much as I had hoped for but I'm not done yet. More importantly, I feel so much better. All the time.

I am sleeping better;. I have more energy and can get more things done in the day. I hardly ever have to remind myself to "stand up straight". When I suck my stomach in, it goes in. (Hopefully, for good, someday) I swear my skin is looking better. The few snacky things and nibbly bits I am no longer eating are not missed when compared to how much better I feel.

I can't wait to see what the next six weeks bring.

Has anyone else noticed improvements like this? Or am I in the midst of a food deprivation euphoria? :)

Replies

• britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    That is an awesome amount you have lost. I am only down 3lb in the same time frame, but i am already down a pant size thanks to all the toning and muscle gained.
  • hookandy
    hookandy Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    We are about at the same point, I am 7 weeks in and have lost about 18lb. I think we are both doing better that we think. Remember that we are in this for the long haul, not the quick sprint. I am aiming for about 80lb this year, so a bit to go yet.

Does not help that I have a horrid cold today and feeling bad. Good to look on the positive side, that is nearly 3lb per week!! Go us
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    You have done great!! And yes I have noticed several NSV's as they are called (nonscale victory) which to me are so much more important.

I too have better skin, soooo much more energy, my period has regulated, my attitude is so much better, and I am generally a happier person
  • tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks for me and I am down 10lbs. I am slowly changing my diet and moving more. I have a lot to lose so I am making this something I can manage for the long term. For me it's about making a change I can live with. There are days when I feel really great and days when it's not so good but i am waking up feeling better everyday.
  • PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    Isn't it amazing how you can turn things around in such a short time? I'm happy to hear that you are feeling so great! Are you working out yet? That's what really made me feel fabulous, when I started going to the gym on a regular basis. I still love my gym trips, even 9 months down the road.
    Congrats on your awesome loss, 16 pounds in 6 weeks is a great start.
  • MsBeautifullOne
    MsBeautifullOne Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Thats great you guys!!
    Don't give up now!
    And don't get comfortable and say well I can pig out this day and what not...
    I'm only at week one and I feel myself feeling less tired already.
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    After six weeks of calorie counting and exercise, I have lost 16 lbs. Not as much as I had hoped for but I'm not done yet. More importantly, I feel so much better. All the time.

I am sleeping better;. I have more energy and can get more things done in the day. I hardly ever have to remind myself to "stand up straight". When I suck my stomach in, it goes in. (Hopefully, for good, someday) I swear my skin is looking better. The few snacky things and nibbly bits I am no longer eating are not missed when compared to how much better I feel.

I can't wait to see what the next six weeks bring.

Has anyone else noticed improvements like this? Or am I in the midst of a food deprivation euphoria? :)

Awesome job! You should be proud. I've been doing it about the same amount of time and have only lost 5 pounds. Just keeping doing what you've been doing and I'm sure you'll continue getting great resuits :)

Even with my 5 pounds I've noticed changes. Pants seem loser (even though they're probably not :p). I think just knowing you're trying to make improvements puts you in the better mind frame and you feel more confident. I know I still have a long way to go to reach my goal and it's going to be a long process but just knowing I'm putting in effort makes me feel better.

P.S. I just can't wait to buy pants in a size smaller! Then I'll really feel accomplished
  • Melyssaks
    Melyssaks Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow will be 8 weeks for me and I am down 10lbs. I am slowly changing my diet and moving more. I have a lot to lose so I am making this something I can manage for the long term. For me it's about making a change I can live with. There are days when I feel really great and days when it's not so good but i am waking up feeling better everyday.

Exactly! I still treat myself with chocolate/ snacks when my calorie intake allows it. Why shouldn't I deserve a reward if I kept on track all day???

I know I could never be on a diet which completely refused to let me have my favorite foods ever again but that's why I have been loving the calorie counting. I know if I eat healthy all day with salads, fruits, veggies, for breakfast & lunch.... there's nothing wrong with having a "regular" meal for dinner.
  • CurveAppeal86
    CurveAppeal86 Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    That's so great! I've noticed a change in myself and I've only been really at it for 2 weeks.

The energy level I have is great! I sleep so well, I just zonk right out at 10 and sleep all night and feel wonderful the next morning.

My skin is clearning up! I was able to fit into a new jacket I bought. It wouldn't do up a few weeks ago. I've already noticed inches coming off!

It's so great to have a NSV! YAY!
  • capricorn0120
    capricorn0120 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You're doing really well. That's a very reasonable amount of weight to lose in that amount of time. Most people lose 1 lb a week you've gone above that. Great work! Keep it up.
  • shellykinder
    shellykinder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in week 8 on my calorie counting and week 7 on MFP, I have lost 27 lbs and you are right this is a great feeling! You have done awesome!! I wish I knew about this site sooner! When someone starts this journey doing it alone is just NOT an option we need people around us with the same goals so we can support each other not to mention I call this site "Dieting for Dummies" it really gives you everything you need to succeed! Its a God Send!! Keep up the FANTASTIC WORK!!:)
  • elkayb
    elkayb Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm only into day 2 and i am so glad I have read your post - it has inspired me no end.

Well done and keep up the good work!:happy:
  • slucas88
    slucas88 Posts: 8
    Options
    you should be pleased with that! I've been going 9 weeks and have lost 11lb but feel a lot fitter!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!