Am i truly sedentary?

Options
So I get reallly confused with calorie goals and so on. Do you up it according to how much you exercise per week? When I join MFP I pretty much just laid in bed and I have a desk job so of course I was sedentary. However for over a month now I have been working out twice a day, 30DS in the morning, aerobics classes at the gym in the evenings for an hour. ANd trust me I push myself. SO should I at least up my calories to that of lightly active?? I have staled in weightloss for a while and just wanna know if I should be eating more maybe?

Replies

• Jhillian
    Jhillian Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel except mine is a little different. I'm a Personal Support Worker in a Nursing Home. I run my butt off for 7-8hrs about 3-4 times a week. I have no idea what my calorie intake should be. I also do a variety of different workout videos for 30mins to 1 hr on my days off and walk/jog on nice days outside. I've also plateau'd but don't want to risk the adding calories. I'm on a 1200cal intake a day and usually don't eat back my exercise cals sometimes I might add a few snacks.

So if you get any answers would love to hear them. Not to mention I have 2 young children who keep you moving lol. I'd say my lifestyle would be Lightly Active?

Goodluck you're doing really well, a quote I heard once.

Think of a plateau as pratice for maintanence!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is just a base to guage your calories. If you want to record your workouts and your job is a desk job, then set your activity level to sedentary and record your activity and eat those calories.

If you would like your calorie level to be steady across the board / the whole week, and you workout set your level accordingly, don't record your workouts and don't eat extra calories. By recording the higher activity level, you are already taking your workouts into account and your loss is built in to that.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    Your activity level is without exercise. So if you have a desk job, you're probably sedentary and just log your exercises everyday.
  • Lauraph
    Lauraph Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a desk job but work out an hour or more a day, most days strenuously... however, I want to keep it real and not over inflate my numbers so I keep it at sedentary.
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    Sedentary. It will add in calories for your workouts. But I do like that now when I check my activity level on other sites I come up as 'active' or 'heavily active'. Makes one feel good LOL.