41 pounds lost -- before and during pictures!

Options
My weight loss story begins the summer of 2010 when I got home from studying abroad in Florence, Italy. I was at my heaviest weight ever, 214 pounds. I felt miserable about myself, how I looked, and how I felt. August 2010 I started dieting and working out and lost around 25-30 pounds. However, I only treated it as a diet, not a lifestyle change. After a move to a new run-down apartment (college girl trying to save money) I no longer had a kitchen I could cook healthy meals in. Therefore, the "diet" portion of my journey stopped. I stayed pretty consistently between 184-187 pounds. After getting engaged this past October I decided it was time to finish what I had started a year ago. I started this new "lifestyle change" the day after Christmas at 188 pounds. So far I've lost 15 pounds and am weighing in at 173. I feel the best I've ever felt about myself. This time around has been much easier because I'm not constantly thinking about what I can and cannot eat. I have much better control over portions and knowing that everyone slips up from time to time (like I did yesterday). This time around I feel so much more confident that I WILL reach my final goal of 155 pounds-- 18 pounds to go! I cannot wait to reach my end results!

The first two pictures are me at 215ish pounds at the Isle of Capris in Italy. The second two are me today wearing a pair of capris I haven't been able to wear since I was 16 years old! At 173ish pounds! Woop Woop!

zx0byv.jpg

dpwv43.jpg

2mc7u6b.jpg

110zt6o.jpg

Replies

• amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations..
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    you look wonderful
    congrats!
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    My weight loss story begins the summer of 2010 when I got home from studying abroad in Florence, Italy. I was at my heaviest weight ever, 214 pounds. I felt miserable about myself, how I looked, and how I felt. August 2010 I started dieting and working out and lost around 25-30 pounds. However, I only treated it as a diet, not a lifestyle change. After a move to a new run-down apartment (college girl trying to save money) I no longer had a kitchen I could cook healthy meals in. Therefore, the "diet" portion of my journey stopped. I stayed pretty consistently between 184-187 pounds. After getting engaged this past October I decided it was time to finish what I had started a year ago. I started this new "lifestyle change" the day after Christmas at 188 pounds. So far I've lost 15 pounds and am weighing in at 173. I feel the best I've ever felt about myself. This time around has been much easier because I'm not constantly thinking about what I can and cannot eat. I have much better control over portions and knowing that everyone slips up from time to time (like I did yesterday). This time around I feel so much more confident that I WILL reach my final goal of 155 pounds-- 18 pounds to go! I cannot wait to reach my end results!

The first two pictures are me at 215ish pounds at the Isle of Capris in Italy. The second two are me today wearing a pair of capris I haven't been able to wear since I was 16 years old! At 173ish pounds! Woop Woop!

zx0byv.jpg

dpwv43.jpg

2mc7u6b.jpg

110zt6o.jpg

YOU LOOK AMAZING:-) Keep up the good work, and YOU WILL GET THERE.
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!! Congratulations!!
  • BornToRun14
    Options
    You look like a totally different person! Great job! Keep it up!
  • hsandall
    hsandall Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    You look great!!! Keep up the good work!
  • rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    That's amazing-congrats!
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options
    You look wonderful but what happened? You were smiling so much bigger in the before pictures. Be happy and enjoy your new found health!
  • deejaycee114
    deejaycee114 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You look great! :)
  • mamabear23
    Options
    Seeing pictures like yours make me feel like this is totally worth it! Keep up the great work!
  • TorridSkies4
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! keep it up!!! :)
  • bsampsonmorgan
    Options
    You look wonderful but what happened? You were smiling so much bigger in the before pictures. Be happy and enjoy your new found health!

I was in the most amazing place in the entire world-- the isle of capris-- of course I was smiling ear to ear. Pictures I took today are at work... so doesn't necessarily compare. hahahha
  • DeanLite
    DeanLite Posts: 20
    Options
    Nice Job!
  • aj_gettingfit
    Options
    You look amazing!!

How tall are you?
  • MovesLikePuma
    Options

I was in the most amazing place in the entire world-- the isle of capris-- of course I was smiling ear to ear. Pictures I took today are at work... so doesn't necessarily compare. hahahha

LOL, that makes sense... I would be smiling like that too if I were in the isle of capris. Still looking great!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    looking good!!! Congrats!
  • wisebadger53
    wisebadger53 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Great progress - keep up the good work!
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Nice transformation! You look terrific!
  • bsampsonmorgan
    Options
    I'm 5'8"
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!