Hey everyone! I'm Rachael!

Options
MrsKosal
MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
I've been doing MFP faithfully for the last 3 weeks or so. I am loving this site and everything it has to offer. I keep seeing blurbs about how everyone earns so much more from the site through the community, so I am putting myself out there and seeing how this helps as well.

I'm 29, turning 30 in July. I'm an Air Force wife, mommy of 2 girls-ages 8 and 2, and I work full time as a Property Manager in low income housing. We live in MO.

I've always been a small girl, until I had children and went way overboard while pregnant both times. I reached 205 with my last pregnancy, and would like to get down to around 125-130. The lowest I've gotten since having kids was 135, after my oldest. I love to workout, when I am finally back in the groove. I am finally in a good routine with that again, and just trying to get this calorie counting thing down pat. My biggest weakness is eating out and eating bad and drinking fountain mt. dew!!! BAD BAD!

I look forward to meeting and learning from everyone!

Replies

• rw4004
    rw4004 Posts: 157
    Options
    Hi Rachael!Welcome to MFP,it true the community here can make a big difference.Feel free to add me:)
  • RebsOnTheRocks
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I used to be a 'Fountain Dew' addict, too ; ) and am also fairly new to this site!
  • eightezchic
    Options
    Hi Rachel, Ive only been on here about a month. I am 43 years old. I dont want to lose too much weight since I have lost alot from the gym but I do want to keep track of my calorie intake.......I have one friend on here and I would like to meet more people and get to know them since we all basically have something in common! lol

Hope to hear from you soon.

Jackie
  • jenniferdances1
    jenniferdances1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! It really does help to have friends on here...especially if you have your food diary open for them to see. It makes you feel a lot more accountable.:)
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael! I'm Tina and I've been here for about 6 weeks. I love the friendships and community. It's lite and fun banter among people in the same boat. Enjoy and stick with it!
  • dwtouch4
    dwtouch4 Posts: 98
    Options
    Welcome aboard. You've made a great choice
  • farmboyphotography
    farmboyphotography Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Rachael. MFP is a great site and it works because of the peer support. As you are seeing, there is a lot of useful information to help you on your fitness journey. I think that MFP is great, too, because it shows that there are so many ways to get there. If you stick with it, I have no doubt you can reach your goals! Good luck.

Doug
  • HOWDY11
    HOWDY11 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi Rachael,

I'm Tamie. I have always fought my weight and after being at home caregiving for both my parents I really packed it on. After they both passed away last year, I started a catering and cake business, with a hotdog cart. I really love to cook. I'm 50 and I started my diet in April of 2011. I lost 40 lbs with watching what I eat and cutting carbs. I haven't lost much since Sept but have not gained. I found this site about a month ago and love it. I want to loose abou 35 more befor my youngest daughter graduates. Please feel free to friend me. I'm a good cheerleader and have lots of good low cal and carb ideas for food. Tamie
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    Options
    welome and good luck add me as a friend i you want too
  • i2achael
    i2achael Posts: 14
    Options
    Hey Rachael!

We have the same name (even spelled the same way!)

Good luck on your journey :smile:

Feel free to add me!
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I've added a bunch of you! Right now the weight loss is slow, but I do see that my clothes fit better and I feel thinner. My husband is starting to notice the changes in my body too. I have for once made a point of making this a lifestyle change and not something temporary. And...since I'll be 30 this summer....I refuse to go into it being "fat".
  • cbenzerga
    cbenzerga Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Hi Racheal, im Courtney. I'm a mom also, and work full time, trying to squeez in workouts! It's rough but so worth it. MFP has made a huge difference for me, making me accountable for what I put in my mouth, plus you have to look at it right on the screen, infront of your face. I had no idea I was eating so many calories. I'm now lower than my pre-pregnancy weight, but squishy...is how I describe it :laugh: So i'm doing 30 day shred, I'm not managing to do it everyday, but I walk in between. Good Luck and add me if you like>
  • stevo7723
    stevo7723 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael i'm on my 3rd week too and looking for a bit of support also, feel free to add me if you like or anyone else can add me too if they like.

Good luck with your weight loss goals
  • sg1982
    sg1982 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel,

Feel free to add me if you want.

Silvia
  • DanZiehm
    DanZiehm Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachel - I'm Dan. I have been on MFP for a month and it is great!!! I have lost 15 pounds so far. MFP is really getting me into eating healthier and it has gotten me back to the gym. I love being able to log in on here and put my exercise in. I don't have too many firnds, so I would love some more friends and support! Keep up the great work!
  • 2jayjaysmom
    2jayjaysmom Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Rachael,
    Welcome...I must say i've learned a ton of information from the folks here...some is things I already knew but had forgotten others are just tips that can help me with my goals...

I love MFP...

You and anyone else feel free to add me:flowerforyou:
  • MrsKosal
    Options
    I can't believe how many calories I ate before. I was shocked. I had a bad day yesterday, and felt gross. My body was lagged down and just icky feeling. I can't believe I ate like that and worse every day! Since Christmas I've lost close to 10 lbs, and 4 of it with MFP. It's coming off slow, but staying off, so thats good.
  • Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    HI racheal, I'm trisha I am from Louisisana. feel free to add me. I am a personal trainer here at our Anytime FItness.
  • Tlively13
    Tlively13 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I can't believe how many calories I ate before. I was shocked. I had a bad day yesterday, and felt gross. My body was lagged down and just icky feeling. I can't believe I ate like that and worse every day! Since Christmas I've lost close to 10 lbs, and 4 of it with MFP. It's coming off slow, but staying off, so thats good.

Keeping a journal of what you eat is good. You dont really think you are racking up on those calories til you see it in writing.
    3500 calories= 1 pd of fat
  • merapp9
    merapp9 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Welcome Rachael!!! Good luck on your journey to healthy living!