Victorious Victoria Day Challenge - April 3rd

yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
Happy Almost Friday!

HRM update #5
Wore the HRM to the weights class yesterday - approximately 375 calories/hr. This is a really hard class and at one time I hit 174 hr. My highest hits were during: lunges with shoulder raises and jump squats with presses. I think there was too much time where she was demonstrating the next move to really burn up the calories. I should have marched or jumped rope, but I was self-conscious.

I did an hour on the treadmill as well. Watching "Rescue Dawn", can't wait to finish it.

So my goal for the month is to find some exercise that will burn over 500 cal/hr for me. Maybe spinning next week? If not, maybe kickboxing? Could do kickboxing tomorrow, but alas, Oprah is doing a thing on puppymills - makes for great elliptical time. Still have to get another 40 minutes of weights in this week.

One of my small joys is when I dry my hands in the mirror - I like to watch the muscles in my forearms move - never saw them before :bigsmile:

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Happy Almost Friday!

HRM update #5
    Wore the HRM to the weights class yesterday - approximately 375 calories/hr. This is a really hard class and at one time I hit 174 hr. My highest hits were during: lunges with shoulder raises and jump squats with presses. I think there was too much time where she was demonstrating the next move to really burn up the calories. I should have marched or jumped rope, but I was self-conscious.

I did an hour on the treadmill as well. Watching "Rescue Dawn", can't wait to finish it.

So my goal for the month is to find some exercise that will burn over 500 cal/hr for me. Maybe spinning next week? If not, maybe kickboxing? Could do kickboxing tomorrow, but alas, Oprah is doing a thing on puppymills - makes for great elliptical time. Still have to get another 40 minutes of weights in this week.

One of my small joys is when I dry my hands in the mirror - I like to watch the muscles in my forearms move - never saw them before :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Today is rowing and elliptical again, followed by a weights class and walking.

Inspired by all of you, and bored with most of my current workouts, I ordered Biggest Loser cardio and weights. I look forward to not being able to walk after the infamous lunges!

Already, this challenge is flying by. I'm really hoping my HRM arrives before spinning on Saturday, so that I can report how much an hour of spinning burns. (I'm also hoping it's a lot):flowerforyou:

Oh, and I enjoyed the "Namaste" yoga yesterday, but I found it to be overproduced. The voiceover is very, very nice. . . but there are distracting close-ups (so that I couldn't immediately find positioning on a pose I didn't know) and edits. I'll enjoy it more when I don't have to watch it. Other than that, a challenging intermediate level (exactly what the case for the DVD said) and I did feel re-charged afterwards. It will be a good "I need something. . .but not too much" go to DVD, and it was on sale for like $8.
  • Happy Thursday everyone...I only did 30 mins of aerobics this morning cause I have a lot to do today and need to get started... also did 20 mins of lower body work... I really wore myself out which I love... It feels so good to have that afterburn soreness... everytime I move I remember what I did to get that and where it is leading me... I am upping the sets on some of my exercises because I noticed a few of my stronger muscles where not feeling the burn the next day...

Also I May be absent for the weekend as my mom is coming to stay with me for her b-day... I don't want to have to leave her to log and blog... so I will talk to ya again on monday...

Take care and have a great weekend...
    Jenn
  • JulieB21
    JulieB21 Posts: 492
    Good morning all. I'm so boring when I post but I like my DVD's. Did Hip Hop Abs again. I started on Tuesday, switching from the Biggest Loser Cardio Max and I can honestly say I'm glad I did. Not that I didn't like BL-I LOVE THEM but after 12 weeks, my body was adapting & I needed to switch things up a little.

My Abs are hollering at me:noway: Now if I could just get rid of the layer of fat on top of them so that I can SEE the results of all of my hard work! I guess having four kids spread out over 22 years did a number on my skin.

Happy almost Friday everyone:drinker:
  • I like my dvd's too julie... I just have to be careful which ones I do because I live in an apartment that shakes and rattles when you walk...ugh... so now that the weather is getting better I am going to try moving my workouts outside...

anyone who knows of a dvd that will not make my floors groan please let me know... I always feel like I have worked harder when I workout to a dvd... probably because I am not all self concious(?) about all the movement of my rolls or that I look silly... lol...

Jenn
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Julie, nothing boring about you, At least you are doing something! Better than me this week :laugh:

And Jenn, have you tried pilates? Basically amped up yoga. You will be groaning, not your floors!:wink:

Am going in to work early (Have a late night with lacrosse match tonight so I got the day off) so that I can lift. Ran my trail. O.k., part ran part walked. Did something to my ankle. Go figure the sports medicine person gets hurt. Wait, that's why I became an athletic trainer, so I don't have to listen to myself! :laugh: Anyways, going to sneak in my own therapy before I have to work. I can't afford an injury right now.

I have registerd to do the body for life challenge that starts on Monday. It's a 12 week program, and I need to really switch things up to see some results. I'm spending up to two hours a day working out to no avail. The BFL challenge has set workouts: cardio only 20 min, lifting max of 46 min, six days a week with an off day. That I can do! Plus one of the coaches I'm good friends with did it & is a strength & conditioning coach so I'm in good hands! If anyone else is interested, Monday is the start date and the grand prize is $25,000!
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Good Morning! BFL sounds amazing!

I'm having a little trouble with my knee -- I had surgery on it about 2 months ago, and doc says I've been pushing it too hard with impact cardio. He even said to lay off on the walking for now.

Sooooo...swimming it is.

Yesterday I walked for 45 minutes (hence the issues today) and then did Power Sculpt on FitTV.

Today I'll swim for 30 or 40 minutes if I can manage it.

Mary -- love your secret confession re: forearms. I've been known to do pushups off the sink in the office bathroom because I can see my shoulder definition...lol. I'm such a dork.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,694 Member
    It's so good to see so many keeping up the challenge. My priorities have shifted to my son so I haven't been logging anything. I am trying to get things back under control. I walked for 30 minutes this morning, then walked an hour and a half in grocery stores (three of them to get my shopping done), and then took my boy for a ride in his wagon tonight. If it's not raining tomorrow all day then I will try to go for a walk. Some times I forget how good it feels to get some exercise! I hope to log my food tomorrow as well. I think I'm just really lazy. :grumble: