Ladies, do you exercise on 'that day' of the month?

Options
1235»

Replies

• Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I workout at home the best I can
  • kgordon7
    kgordon7 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I do, and to be honest, before this lifestyle change, I've never really had problems with cramping or feeling sick and I really don't now either since I'm more healthy. I work out the entire time it's here, so no problems for me.
  • ANewLucia
    ANewLucia Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    ABSOLUTELY! I workout regardless. If it is workout day, consider it done. Today is the first day of mine and normally I never have any pain, but this month is different...oh well two advils I shall pop and off to lift heavy I will go!
  • kaybelmore
    kaybelmore Posts: 124
    Options
    If I can walk, I'll work out. But i find my stamina is lower sometimes.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    It depends. If mine is painful or heavy then I'll usually give it a miss. I always find that exercise makes my cramps go away during it but as soon as I stop they come back 100 times worse, so it just so isn't worth it for me if I've got cramps.

I'd maybe attempt a walk or something but to be honest, mine only usually lasts 3 days, so 3 days maximum of no working out as long as I don't go crazy with calories is no biggie.
  • Trophyyf
    Trophyyf Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Workout as usual. To me it would just be one of those excuses I might have used prior to dedicating myself to exercising everyday. I'm just not going to do that anymore. :wink:
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Exercise is supposed to help cramps, but if you can't even stand up, just take the day off.
  • sophielilirose
    Options
    Yeah! Take some painkillers and go for it, thats what I do :-) I always feel awful when I know I've gotta actually move and go to the gym, but I feel so much better knowing I've done some exercise PLUS it helps with cramps!! If you don't feel like a vigorous work out just go for a walk or something, anything is better than nothing :-D!!

17701945.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Schula03
    Schula03 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I work out, no matter!!!! It usually helps with cramps and back aches!!!
  • auddiejo
    auddiejo Posts: 40
    Options
    I do workout. I invision i'm chasing Aunt Flo down to kick her...bum. :laugh:
  • jedi9393
    jedi9393 Posts: 121
    Options
    i walk during that time, but I cannot go hard on those days especially the first 3. Mine TOM last 7 long days!! To me working out ends up in a bloody sweaty mess that I just dont have the patience to deal with.
  • ncw89
    ncw89 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I too have heard that exercise helps...but yesterday when I started 30DS I literally made it through the warm up and the first set of pushups and squats before giving in. Like, 4 minutes. The day before I made it through but trying to haul myself off the floor after the first cycle of abs nearly killed me. I think my body just gave up on me yesterday so today I'm just trying to find the motivation to get it switched back on :s
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I do, although since I've been on the pill, my periods haven't been too bad at all. Before I went on it, they were super heavy and painful. I rarely need to take painkillers now and I can usually carry on my weekly routine as normal. If my cramps really are too bad for anything intense, I'll do yoga or go on a brisk walk. I feel worse if I do no exercise at all.
  • Jw9576
    Jw9576 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    No, I take the week off! Like you, I get the cramps, and also bloating, etc.

Besides, when I come back to the gym after a week off, I feel like I get a better workout and my muscles are sooooo sore the next few days. I think taking a week off every month actually helps me.....
  • samf36
    samf36 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I have a bleeding disorder and on tom I have to take it easy on day 2 and 3 after that I work my way back slowly. If I did not be very still on these days there would be a horrible mess all over.
  • littleblueallie
    littleblueallie Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I still exercise during my time... it helps with the cramps. If it's too bad, just do a simple workout, i.e. walking
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Yes. I don't wanna skip class. Since the class is pretty active and I tend towards heavy flow, I usually double-up on tampon/pad just for the duration of the class.
  • dreamin2bethin
    dreamin2bethin Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I start mine very soon, ugh! Although I am not on my period yet last night I got a horrible breathtaking cramp, I will try to take deep breaths while running if that doesn't work I either slow down my run or stop for a minute and take in slow, deep, long breaths. It usually fades away. I have noticed while on miss aunt flow that exercising helps so much, I feel less bloated and less crampy. However, I usually have no motivation to go to the gym lol, but I eventually make it there.
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    I was told a long time ago by my HS gym teacher that being active was good for menstrual cramps, he wasn't letting me get out of class with that excuse but it turned out to be true, No I don't work out but I do walk when I can, most of the time it makes the cramping more manageable. Looks like you got plenty of responses, i hope you find something that works for you.