Day 1 for me!

Options
Hello,
My name is Krista and I am a university student. I am currently taking Nursing :).
I came on here because I need to lose weight for health benefits, kind of hypocritical of me to tell someone ways to lose weight unless I can implicate them myself. I am 19 years old and 262 lbs. I would like to meet my goal weight of 150 lbs by the time I graduate in 2 years. I would love to look amazing on my graduation day so my parents would have two reasons to be proud of me.
I have already input my breakfast and lunch foods; however, I have no ate lunch yet. I am just packing up, off to yoga and than eating my lunch and studying then going to class.
I will be posting a picture of myself when I get home, my camera is charging as we speak.
Thanks
Krista <3

Replies

• WhiteCoc0
    WhiteCoc0 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Good luck Krista! I hope all the best.
  • BarbaraSmith400
    Options
    Day one for me too Krista - I have been diagnosed with slipped disc need to loose weight and start therapy Friday am. :flowerforyou:
  • kristad19
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am going to need it. My boyfriend is very thin, and eats non-stop. When I see him eating, it makes me want to over eat too! :(
  • carolinamcgraw
    Options
    me too! good luck!
  • Methras
    Methras Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    First day for me too!
    Good job getting started! :happy:
  • APPLETON29
    APPLETON29 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am 29 and trying desperately to lose baby weight! I am currently 270lbs and at the heaviest i have ever been! So I know how you feel. You have given yourself 2 yrs and that's a good start as gives you time to reach your goal. I am on my 2nd week in and weigh in tomorrow, hoping for another loss but despite keeping to my calories and exercising i am not feeling to confident right now. Hopefully I'll be proven wrong tomorrow when I get on the scales!

I think it's important to get a support network around you as helps spur you on even when your having down days.

add me as a friend if you like as i am pretty new to this all as well. x
  • texna
    texna Posts: 7
    Options
    Congradulations!!!! You can do it!!!! Please, Please take time off for yourself at least 45 minutes to start, tell yourself "nothing is more important then taking care of myself"......After 30 years of marriage and doing nothing for myself I have found out that no one will encourage you to do anything for yourself so do it now and live with that encouragement for the rest of your life...... Good Luck!
    (By the way I have gone from a size 14 to a 10 in one year just excercising and cutting my food intake in half.....)
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    Day 1 for me as well, good luck
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    So glad you've joined Krista! It's a great group here and I'm hear to encourage you too. Please add me if you'd like.
  • loreenkoby
    Options
    Day 3 for me Krista! welcome!
  • Resident74
    Options
    The site is great i have been using it for the month of February and really noticed a difference just tracking what you eat for me was huge.

doing about 20-30 mins exercise a day
    and watching what i am eating
    i could not even think of going back to what i used to eat in a day
  • rascalcat8
    Options
    Way to go, Krista! Good luck on your journey!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    hey there!!!!
    im 24 and looking to lose another 40-50lbs.
    i log and comment daily and everything is public

feel free to add me - anyone!!

xxx
  • sel254
    sel254 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Krista! Been here since January and it's great for keeping track and motivation. I have 40-50lbs to go. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can spur each other on. I'm on here every day :)
  • Luvmyboxerboy
    Luvmyboxerboy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is day four for me but I'm lovng it already! The people here are all soooo friendly and supportive! Add me if you like!
  • kimberlysue17
    Options
    Day 1 for me! Good luck to everyone! Lets keep it up and keep boosting each other!
  • starrybirdy
    starrybirdy Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    good luck welcome to mfp
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Welcome all!!! I love MFP! I've been on it for a while, but geared it back up again Jan. 1. So much support and advice!
  • millerhillbabe
    Options
    Welcome!! I have lost 100 and have 62 to go! We can do this Girl!!! :smooched:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It will be a year in May that I started using this site. I love it & you will get a ton of motivation & support here. Any one can friend me...:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: