I'm at a stand still?

Options
I started my fit plan the middle of January. I started the 'Body by Vi' 90 day challenge which is a shake, eating better and exercise. The first few weeks I lost about 18 pounds but the last while I haven't lost more than 1 pound! I still have a way to go, am I stuck where I am or is this normal? I am new here so still learning my way around. Thank you for any help. :)

Replies

• Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's normal. I did the same thing, losing quickly at first and then getting stuck. It has helped me to switch up what I'm doing as far as foods, quantities, and exercise. Most recently, I have changed to eat a little more. It seems to be working. I have started losing again the last two weeks. Don't get discouraged. Just try to switch something around.
  • eagraham11
    eagraham11 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I notice I'll stall right before a big drop. It's kind of strange. I think I'm at a bit of a stall right now as well.
  • Michelleanon
    Michelleanon Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I soo totally know how you are feeling. Before xmas I was on a roll, then during xmas i put on 8lbs and lost them right after. Since then I did not move and had cut out alcohol and being really good. Came to a point where I told my trainer I was going to give up!!! How could I be exercising 5 days a week, eating well and not moving AT ALL???
    So he sent me to a nutritionist and basically I was not eating enough. As crazy as it sounds!! Plus we mixed up my workouts. Since friday 2lbs have come off...Hope this helps :) Dont be discouraged, just keep going....
  • rbegay
    rbegay Posts: 5
    Options
    I am too. I lost 10 lbs last month with just dieting alone. Now I'm eating a little bit more but working out 3 times a week and I've only lost maybe 2 lbs. Kinda wondering what the heck is going on with my body. I know I can't be gaining that much muscle? Hopefully will see more results in March.
  • serenitydmrb
    Options
    I was always told if you get stuck, go back to the biggining. Start eating like you just joined the program. and eat a few less calories. If your on 1400 calories go to 1300 calories for example. Your body is feeling comfortable where you are. So give it a little kick.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    I notice I'll stall right before a big drop. It's kind of strange. I think I'm at a bit of a stall right now as well.

This happens to me as well.

As others suggested, shaking things up a little might be what your body needs to drop.
  • Dewdrop24
    Dewdrop24 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I see my doctor on Monday, might be an idea to ask him, too. Eating more sounds good since I seem to be hungry a lot! lol