Hi, I'm Dawn from Washington State

Options
I am 43 years young :)

I am here because I am on a medically supervised weight loss program. My nutritionist told me about this site and even logs in and checks on me. I really like that sort of accountability. I think I need it! But I need community support as well.

I never remember a day when I wasn't overweight. but now it's truly affecting my health. When I hit the 300 lbs. mark I thought I'd never rise above that. Well, here I am, 30 pounds later wondering how in the heck I let myself do this??? Anyway, so it's a new start. I'm on day 3 and feeling pretty confident. I've made good choices and feel good. Exercise is a bit of a problem because of this CRAZY weather we've been having. We haven't seen the sun in days and the rain has just been atrocious. But spring is on its way and I will be so so so glad to see its face!

Anyway, I just thought I'd reach out a bit and say hey. I look forward to walking this journey with you.

Dawn
Washintgon State

Replies

• HittingHerStride
    Options
    I live in Maine and weather is always a moving target, today for example we have a snow storm, I just went to my video playlist and listened to 5 straight songs a total of 18 minutes and I just danced, no specific moves, whatever, I just kept moving (of course I am home alone) I find fitting in what I can when I can is better then nothing. Can you find some at home videos/routines. I just started moving so I don't last long but I have confidence I will be able to build up over time.

it's not uncommon for me to only have an hour or so to myself at a time and of course that is the ideal time to 'catch up' on chores/work/favorite shows etc, but you have to find ways to make it fit. Good luck
  • dawnbarnard
    Options
    Thanks for that. I can indeed get out. I work from home so I have a little flexibility too. I'm only one day 3 -- or just beginning day 3. I feel good that I have even held myself accountable to MFP. I honestly didn't think I would have the discipline to do that. Today is a bit snowy but I think the snow is finished for the day. It will probably just turn to rain. The Seattle area really has alot of gray days. I think I need a sun lamp or something. LOL.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    this is a great tool and has helped SO many people reach their goals and there are LOTS of great and very supportive people here.
    Im from Washington too.. Other side tho.. : )
    sent friend request
  • kellicruz1978
    kellicruz1978 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn! Welcome to the wonderful world of MFP. I am from WA too, and work from home. This website is such a great tool. Good luck on your journey!
  • erxkeel
    erxkeel Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    From Wa state too.. Wet (west) side =)

welcome... Booyah.
  • runbyme
    runbyme Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Prosser, in the beautiful Yakima Valley! Add me and good luck with your total body transformation! :flowerforyou:
  • kleighsamboer
    Options
    Hi Dawn! Ia m also from Washington. I know what you mean about the weather. I can't believe it is still snowing! Oh well, it will get better in the coming weeks. If you would like you can add me. Take care and keep up the good work!
  • JanetNorthRussell
    Options
    Dawn, good luck. I am 67, almost 68, and have been overweight most of my life, too. Do get your health in order now and keep it under control. I am the heaviest ....most obese... I have ever been. AS one ages, certain prolems creap up naturally as diabetes, heart problems, loss of flexibility and joints being ruined by lots of weight!
    I pray I can do this...........this time.
    Janet
  • ladyfingers39
    Options
    Hi there, I'm starting my journey on Saturday. I wish you all the best. Would love some new friends on here also. :)
  • a_nunez89
    Options
    Hey, dawn, Im also live WA. Just starting this journey a mere 2 and a half weeks ago. We are all here to lose weight and have support. Im wishing you the best of luck. Have faith, be strong. I have your back! Have a good day.
  • BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Hiya Dawn!
    Pleased to meet you! Im from Leeds in England. Welcome to My Fitness Pal! I hope it works out for you huni! Good Luck on your journey feel free to add me as a freind if you want to I log reguarly its the best thing Im ever done. xx
  • MrsDrake678
    MrsDrake678 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, I'm Angela. I also live in Washington (Graham) and work from home. I've found that to be both a blessing and a challenge for my weight loss journey as I have a 16 month old attached to my hip. It was hard at first with exercising, he'd cry and grab my leg but now after 90 days he joins in! There are a lot of great workout videos I enjoy...gotta make do with what we can with this crazy weather! Feel free to add me if you'd like.