just getting started

Options
hello all my name is Cortney & today is my 1st day on MFP i am a 31year old single mom who desperately wants to make a change in my life i work full time & my daughter is involved in many activities so it is so easy to just make poor food choices based on convenience & cost also to blame is my refusal to exercise i have had plenty of excuses in the past no time no money no energy but i am choosing to end the excuses i joined the gym last week & met with a personal trainer yesterday so i could get some direction on how to achieve my goal i would like to loose around 65-70lbs to reach my ideal weight i am giving myself 1 year to get there i know it will be tough to loose & loose continually but i feel as tho this is something that i need to do not only for myself but to set a healthy example for my daughter
i am going through some personal struggles right now & i am hoping by focusing on my fitness i will be able to better manage my stress i hear all these people say how great they feel when they work out & i have decided i gotta try it
today 03/01/12 is the 1st day of the rest of my life a healthy life that i will live to the best of my ability

Replies

• jendavis07
    Options
    welcome to mfp! you'll get tons of support from everyone, they're great!!
  • capturingsmiles
    Options
    Welcome to mfp! You can do it!
  • shan1590
    shan1590 Posts: 5
    Options
    i am just getting started as well... i have become so depressed and unhappy about my weight... even though i have never been small... but i have gained so much weight in recent years it weighs on me emotionally and physically... so today is also my first step into a healthier life... Be encouraged!!
  • MissAlexxMarie
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! It's a great place to come to if you're actually dedicated to losing weight! You can do it! Keep your head up, you're going towards the right goals.
  • cortlee22
    cortlee22 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    when i was younger i really took for granted how small i was once i started to get big i thought no way it would b permanent no way it would just get worse & boy was i wrong & after years of hoping it would go away if i ignored it i know its time now to face this issue & begin the process of reclaiming my life good luck to all & i know i could use some support & am willing to friend / support any1 on hear i think MFP will be a great resource for accountability & support
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on making the choice to do something about your health! Second, MFP is a great resource to use. I have used MFP for almost a year now but have only been serious since Sept. What you get out of it is after what you put into it.

Feel free to add me if you would like to go on this journey together.

Good luck to you
  • toygunz34
    Options
    I have to say that I have just started and now a few weeks into it. This application makes it so easy to keep track. I love it! My name is TJ, 43 married with two children. My wife Kris is also doing this with me. We get a lot out of this and see the results right away. I started at 427.4 and now down to 409.4. I have my struggles but each day brings me closer. We can ALL do this!