I've been on here for around a week and I figured I should i

Options
I'm Kayla, I'm 20, and I live in Connecticut. I weigh 200 and I'd like to get down to 150 (for now.. eventually I'd like to be 120). I've been overweight most of my life and was never really motivated to lose weight even though I wanted to. Now I'm in a great relationship (almost 2 years) and we're talking about getting married. At first I thought we could just do a court house thing and skip a big wedding because I hate being the center of attention, mostly because I hate how I look. But I've decided it's time for me to lose weight and feel good about myself, and I'm not getting married until I look and feel beautiful in wedding dress. Anyway, that's me :) Hopefully I can make some friends on here, stay motivated, and get the body I want pretty soon! :) If anyone feels like sending a friend request, I'll gladly accept :P

Replies

• jendavis07
    Options
    sounds just like me! i'm 196 right now but started around 228. i would like to get down around 150 as well! welcome to mfp, you'll get great support from everyone! feel free to add me!
  • Julesbriff
    Julesbriff Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site!! You will find lots of lovely friends to support and motivate you here. You deserve a special day to be centre of attention and be proud of being you :) Your wedding day is a fantastic goal to work towards. Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated.
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Hi there, and welcome! Congrats on making the decision to change your life. You won't regret it! :) Congrats as well on your upcoming wedding. There are lots of groups on this site about getting fit for your wedding, I'd recommend you do a search! With determination and hard work, you can do this!

Feel free to friend me if you want to support each other :)
    -Amanda
  • cressievargo
    cressievargo Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome! =) I am at 235, started at 252, want to get down to 150 eventually, although right now I'm looking at 200 as a mini-goal.
    My 10 yr wedding anniversary is in 2013, and I want to renew our vows - and be a LOT skinnier than I was at our wedding.
    I've also got 3 kids (all boys) to keep up with, and being fat and lethargic is not on the game plan for THAT!

Feel free to add me!
  • deansters
    deansters Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
    I love it on MFP

I started out at around 200lbs my CW is 168lbs and my goal weight is also 150 (and ill see if i want to lose more weight)

Feel free to add me !
  • dlopezcordova
    dlopezcordova Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That's great Kayla... stay on track. My Fitness Pal is really cool in that it does all the work in tracking everything! I've been using it for only 2 days and have already lost 1.5 pounds. It really makes you think about how much food you're intaking. You're young and you've got so much to look forward to... I wish you success in achieving your weight loss goal. One day at a time! And remember, lean on God in all things and He will fulfill all the desires of your heart! :smile:
  • Mellocare
    Mellocare Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice to meet you, Kayla. Mind if I add you? ^_^
    Congrats on the wedding on the horizon, that's so exciting!
  • gsh06160
    gsh06160 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    This sounds exactly like me. I'm 20 and have been in an amazing relationship for the last two years. My boyfriend and I have been discussing on taking some steps towards our future. I currently, as of today, weigh 200.6. I want to get down to 170 first. then make my way to 150. and then try and get my *kitten* down to weighing around 120 pounds.

Add me if you would like. We can keep each other motivated. :)
  • Andie_loops
    Options
    Well hello there!! congrats on the wedding I have been engaged for about a year and I cant seem to put a date down lol my fiancee and I have big families and i'm with you on the courthouse wedding but i still cant make up my mind! I do know i want to look awesome in the dress i wear that day! mind if i add you???
  • kaaaaaaa
    kaaaaaaa Posts: 29
    Options
    I sent you all requests :)
  • a1wonder
    a1wonder Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hey Girl welcome to mfp, I'm a similar boat I started at 189 but I just stepped in today at 168 so this site REALLY works! I'm hoping to be 150 for June for my sis-inlaws wedding but I'll just settle for continual weight loss. Feel free to add.