Dr. Oz 48 hour weekend cleanse

Options
I'm thinking about giving this a try, has anyone tried it before? If so, what did you like & did not like about it?

Replies

• Camshaft84
    Camshaft84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Can you post a link or details of what the cleanse entails for the rest of us that haven't heard about it?
  • Camshaft84
    Camshaft84 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    So it’s basically a weekend of food that makes you *kitten*. I don’t see why this is marketed as a “detox”. He clearly states you have the proper organs for detoxification. So this is just called “eating good food”. That also helps you *kitten*.

There is no need for a "detox" or"cleanse". Just eat.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I looked at the link and was gratified to see he acknowledges that the body has it's own detox system; nothing looks outlandish in terms of the foods (I'm a big fan of blueberries) the only questionable thing I noticed was the "sweat out toxins" comment but I've heard that epsom salt baths (magnesium sulfate) have tangible benefits related to absorption of magnesium.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    What do you hope to accomplish?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    come on. you're better than that.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Two things wrong with this, the fact that "cleanse" and "Dr. Oz" are in the title. I rest my case. You're welcome. :drinker:
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to have a craptastic weekend. Make sure to put lotion on your cheekies, they are going to need it.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    The weekend cleanses I've done typically involve a burrito.
  • lomajess
    lomajess Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Just a cleanse, I dont want to do a week long one because i know your body needs carbs to exercise, so i looked for something short & my rest days. I also wanted a clease where you are allowed to actually eat food/veggies.

I just wanted something to kick start my "change of eating habits"
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a great way to have a craptastic weekend. Make sure to put lotion on your cheekies, they are going to need it.

LMAO!
  • pamperedhen
    pamperedhen Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    You guys are all HILARIOUS!! You made me laugh so hard I pooped!! :blushing:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Just a cleanse, I dont want to do a week long one because i know your body needs carbs to exercise, so i looked for something short & my rest days. I also wanted a clease where you are allowed to actually eat food/veggies.

Want to kick start your eating habits? Plan out a menu for the next week or two. Go to the store and buy groceries, and start eating well.

If you follow some stupid *kitten* Dr. Oz cleanse, it's just going to delay the process of starting good habits by a few more days.
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    The weekend cleanses I've done typically involve a burrito.
    LOLOL i was thinking the same thing, but with four lokos....just drink a few of those on friday night and youll cleanse your body out of both ends
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    So it’s basically a weekend of food that makes you *kitten*. I don’t see why this is marketed as a “detox”. He clearly states you have the proper organs for detoxification. So this is just called “eating good food”. That also helps you *kitten*.

There is no need for a "detox" or"cleanse". Just eat.
    This ^^
  • almc170
    almc170 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You guys are all HILARIOUS!! You made me laugh so hard I pooped!! :blushing:
    Who needs a cleanse when you have mfp?
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    people are going to be against this comment, but if you feel like you need to get stuff out of your colon take some cherry flavored milk of magnesia.....and stay home for a day.....stock up on t.p. before you do it though
  • supertracylynn
    supertracylynn Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

So spend the weekend eating raw/vegan.
    Veggies and fruits are high in carbs if you choose the right ones. Just saying.