anyone around? come chat with me.

Replies

• banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    anyone around? come chat with me.
  • arubabound
    Options
    wish i could but even though you gave great instructions i still can't figure out how to get in the chat room
  • banks1850
    Options
    what seems to be the problem? I'll try to help you out.
  • banks1850
    Options
    aruba, I just saw you try to log, I think i understand, are you on aol per chance?
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    can't get on. says username is incorrect, but it's not.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    yeah, banks, I haven't been able to get on for a week......IE 7.

cheryl
  • banks1850
    Options
    I have I.E. 7, check your security. maybe add the chat site to your trusted sites (tools -->internet options -->security tab)

put http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat in there and it may work. If it does, then your security is blocking javascript or session cookies.
  • banks1850
    Options

Yep, I just checked, you registered as jbaranello@yahoo.com, instead of just jbaranello, I'll see if I can fix it from the admin panel, I think I can, but not sure, still getting used to the interface.
  • banks1850
    Options

OK I fixed it, you should be able to log on now with just your username. :happy:
  • cmriverside
    Options
    I have I.E. 7, check your security. maybe add the chat site to your trusted sites (tools -->internet options -->security tab)

put http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat in there and it may work. If it does, then your security is blocking javascript or session cookies.

Thanks, banks. I'll try that. The above link doesn't work, but it used to.....LiveOneCare gets a bit persnickity sometimes.

Okay, I just checked security, not the problem. I can get to the site, but the sign-in page says something like "you've attempted to sign in too many times, now you must give me your first born."
    ..:wink: and then...there is the box with the numbers and letters that I am supposed to copy. Done that, a few times - it still doesn't love me. I'm not that much of a chatter, though.....no worries.

~Cheryl
  • banks1850
    Options
    hmm, I'll check your account, failed login attempts might have locked it out. I'll let you know what I find. Ohh, that live onecare thing. It can be icky. I suggest downloading firefox, I like it better then I.E. Course you can't do anything with microsoft's website with firefox, but that's a small price to pay.
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Banks -

can you post the chat room link again....
  • cmriverside
    Options
    hmm, I'll check your account, failed login attempts might have locked it out. I'll let you know what I find. Ohh, that live onecare thing. It can be icky. I suggest downloading firefox, I like it better then I.E. Course you can't do anything with microsoft's website with firefox, but that's a small price to pay.

Banks, isn't that fixed now? (Firefox & Micro-incompatibility) One of the last Microsoft Updates finally dealt with that, I thought....anyway I used Firefox all last week when my IE got a bit sick...I didn't have any trouble with it. But I live in Micro-soft-land. IE is just easier than arguing with the gods.

I think the error is with the chat website, though. I have no first born with which to feed it.
    :ohwell:
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    im here to chat!
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    im here to chat!
  • banks1850
    Options
    Banks, isn't that fixed now? (Firefox & Micro-incompatibility) One of the last Microsoft Updates finally dealt with that, I thought....anyway I used Firefox all last week when my IE got a bit sick...I didn't have any trouble with it. But I live in Micro-soft-land. IE is just easier than arguing with the gods.

I think the error is with the chat website, though. I have no first born with which to feed it.
    :ohwell:

did they? I wasn't aware, but it's possible, I have gotten so conditioned to not using FF with microsoft that I haven't even tried. And we have been so busy at work I haven't even looked at the microsuck news lately. Let me tell you guys (eyes, start glazing over ....NOW) working out a Disaster Recovery plan for a 70 server network is BOREING, time consuming, and no fun at all!

Anyway, I.E. itself isn't the issue cm, could be a security setting, or maybe a privacy setting, I doubt it's a firewall, but it could be a piece of software that is used for security. The code i used is opensource so the javascript is unsigned, that might be disabled in your I.E. settings. If you set your security settings to medium, I believe that allows them, you can try that, if it works then that's the issue. Other then that it is probably your onecare. If I have time, I'll run it on one of my test workstations at work today and see if it causes an issue. I was never any good at QA stuff, sorry cm.
  • banks1850
    Options
    Banks -

can you post the chat room link again....

sorry, it's
    http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat

or if you haven't registered there yet, it's

http://mfp-archive.harehome.org

and register (make sure you check for the confirmation email) and there is a link in the top left that says MFP CHAT
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Hey Banks!!
    When do you sleep?:yawn:
    You seem to be on here on the hour every hour!
  • cmriverside
    Options
    Good morning, Steve:
    I took a screen shot and then realized I couldn't send it to you :laugh: Here is the msg I get copy/pasted

My Fitness Pal Archives
    Archived posts and chat for My Fitness Pal

Skip to content
    MFP CHAT<Board index Change font size FAQ Register Login Login
    You exceeded the maximum allowed number of login attempts. In addition to your username and password you now also have to enter the confirm code from the image you see below.
    Username: Password:
    Resend activation e-mail Confirmation code:
    Enter the code exactly as it appears. All letters are case insensitive, there is no zero.
    Log me on automatically each visit
    Hide my online status this session Register
    In order to login you must be registered. Registering takes only a few moments but gives you increased capabilities. The board administrator may also grant additional permissions to registered users. Before you register please ensure you are familiar with our terms of use and related policies. Please ensure you read any forum rules as you navigate around the board.

Terms of use | Privacy policy

Register
    Board index The team • Delete all board cookies • All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ] Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group

I worry about you being bored.:wink:
  • banks1850
    Options
    hmm, odd, I'll resend your confirmation code, it'll come in your email. Confirm that code and I think it will be all set.