ricotta, mozza, parm, protein . . . recipe?

Options
AlsDonkBoxSquat
AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
I have some ricotta, some mozzarella, some parm and various proteins what should I make?

Replies

• Funshinerika
    Options
    combine ricotta, mozz and parm.... flatten chicken breasts, add scoop of cheese mixture - spinach is great, too, if you have it on hand... roll chicken back up and secure with toothpicks. You can dip in egg then breadcrumbs/crackers/cereal and bake for a crispy outside and gooey inside. The Italian in me says YUMMMMM!!! :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Lasagna but you'd have to guy buy some noodles. Noddle-less lasagna?
  • celticmuse
    celticmuse Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Buy an eggplant and make eggplant parm. Had it last night and it was fabulous. Don't fry the eggplant, bread it and spray it with Pam and bake it for about 15 minutes. Much healthier! Yum!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    combine ricotta, mozz and parm.... flatten chicken breasts, add scoop of cheese mixture - spinach is great, too, if you have it on hand... roll chicken back up and secure with toothpicks. You can dip in egg then breadcrumbs/crackers/cereal and bake for a crispy outside and gooey inside. The Italian in me says YUMMMMM!!! :)

LOL, I actually had this 2 weeks ago without the bread crumbs (gluten free).
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    Lasagna but you'd have to guy buy some noodles. Noddle-less lasagna?

I usually do this with yellow squash and zucchini drawn over the mandolin, but they're really expensive right now.
  • Kalynx
    Kalynx Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    how about stuffed meatballs? you could use grated parm with your ground meat and breadcrumb egg mixture and stuff with a mozzerella/ricotta filling? yum!!
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    Options
    how about stuffed meatballs? you could use grated parm with your ground meat and breadcrumb egg mixture and stuff with a mozzerella/ricotta filling? yum!!

droooolz!!
  • Kalynx
    Options
    i know, right? I read about stuffed meatballs on the recipee board last week and go the ingredients when I did my shopping sunday..going to make them this weekend with my first attempt at homemade sketti sauce.
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    So first thing that comes to mind is what I did today. Add 1 Tablespoon (less or more to taste) of unsweetened cocoa to 1/2 cup of riccotta and sweeten to taste. I use Truvia. Super yummy dessert. You can do other flavors as well i.e. almond extract with almond slivers, vanilla, etc.

The other thing that comes to mind is riccotta pancakes. I found a GF version online that I plan to use either tomorrow or this weekend. I can't wait!
  • Kalynx
    Options
    I tried the meatballs last night and had leftovers today...they were great!

meatballs-leftovers.jpg