HELLO ALL

Options
FITBY30
FITBY30 Posts: 39 Member
IM JAE, 29 MOTHER OF 3 GIRLS. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SITE AND ALL THE USEFUL TOOLS, BEING OCD AND TRACKING EVERYTHING I EAT AND DO IS REALLY HELPING ME! MY HUSBAND HAS TO GO OUT OF STATE FOR A MONTH TO TRAIN FOR A NEW JOB, SO IM HOPING NOT TO GET TOO CAUGHT UP IN EMOTIONAL EATING, ANYONE HAVE ANY SMART TIPS ON KEEPING THE ICE CREAM OUT OF MY LAP (BESIDES NOT BUYING ANY...TOO OBVIOUS!) WOULD LOVE TO HEAR EM'
THANKX AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Replies

• FITBY30
    FITBY30 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    IM JAE, 29 MOTHER OF 3 GIRLS. LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SITE AND ALL THE USEFUL TOOLS, BEING OCD AND TRACKING EVERYTHING I EAT AND DO IS REALLY HELPING ME! MY HUSBAND HAS TO GO OUT OF STATE FOR A MONTH TO TRAIN FOR A NEW JOB, SO IM HOPING NOT TO GET TOO CAUGHT UP IN EMOTIONAL EATING, ANYONE HAVE ANY SMART TIPS ON KEEPING THE ICE CREAM OUT OF MY LAP (BESIDES NOT BUYING ANY...TOO OBVIOUS!) WOULD LOVE TO HEAR EM'
    THANKX AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Keep the low fat ice cream for yourself, and just have a 1/2 cup when you want some. Stay with your fruits and vegetables and lean meat. Count every calorie and exercise, don't let yourself go over. Your the one in control.:wink:
  • kriegerfamily
    Options
    HI I am new and just wanted to say hi. I am 33 and have 4 children. I have a two and a half month old now.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    (No offense, AuntKaren, but those of us with OCD cannot have 1/2 cup of ice cream: unless that is all there is in the building.) :laugh:

To FITBY30:

I AM ADMITTEDLY OCD/A.D.D. AS WELL.

I FIND THAT EXERCISE IS VERY HELPFUL IN CONTROLLING SYMPTOMS OF ADD. I CAN'T SPEAK SPECIFICALLY TO OCD - IT IS JUST ONE OF THE MANY SYMPTOMS OF ADD - BUT EXERCISE (SPECIFICALLY CARDIO OR REPETITIVE-TYPE EXERCISE) IS VERY CALMING TO ME.

WHEN I EXERCISE FIRST THING IN THE MORNING, I TEND TO EAT HEALTHIER FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, AND HAVE LESS DESIRE FOR SUGAR.

GOOD LUCK.
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    I know it's not ice cream, but you could always try eating fruit if you have a sweet tooth. It helps me out and I don't crave the other stuff as much.