can someone tell me how to caculate all the things on the nu

Options
I dont have any clue on how to keep track of the things i eat and how to caculate all that into a 2000 calorie diet!!! Im new!! HELP!!! :ohwell:

Thanks Amy

Replies

• kalebsmommy622
    Options
    I dont have any clue on how to keep track of the things i eat and how to caculate all that into a 2000 calorie diet!!! Im new!! HELP!!! :ohwell:

Thanks Amy
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    I need help calculating the things on the nutrition facts into a regular diet! i want to keep track but i dont know how????
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    Sometimes food is already listed, from there all you have to do is add to your food list. If it's a food not listed, click on enter new food, then just copy all nutrtion info where it asks. That's pretty much the extent of my knowledge, so hopefully someone who is a little more computer literate will come along and help you soon. Hope I helped a bit at least lol!!
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    If you measure your foods, you will have an easier time than trying to estimate how much you are consuming. Break out your measuring cups and get an inexpensive scale that you can use to measure your meat. Then, most of the nutrition info is already here, you just need to know how much you ate to be able to enter your serving size.

It gets easier. Soon, when you go to enter your foods, you will have a list of foods that you eat frequently and you won't have to search for every item. You'll just check them off and you'll be finished! GL. Let us know if need more info/help. :flowerforyou:
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    Yes that helps..thank you
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    Thanks...to weigh my meats is that before or after there cooked?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I know it seems daunting to have to keep track of nutrition, but it will soon become a habit like brushing your teeth or washing your face.

Most foods have labels with nutrition on them and A LOT of these foods are entered into this system already. If not, it's very easy to enter it in.

You can find information about other goods on different sites like Calorie King.

I measure and weigh EVERYTHING to keep myself honest. Even down to a tsp of mustard! If you try to maybe figure out how many calories you want to eat per meal, that will be a good start and give you a guideline as to what you want to do. For example, if you want say 300 calories for breakfast....then you can read your labels of bread or cereal to see how many calories each serving is..combine that with the calories of milk and fruit and you have breakfast.

Is that what you need help with?
    Tami
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    yes it is....thank you very much...im just now figuring out how to work things too so the food tabs helping a lot too...thanks for your help...:happy:
  • pam0206
    pam0206 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

I measure after they're cooked.
  • kalebsmommy622
    Options
    ok thanks that makes a big difference!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options

There's often nutritional info on both raw & cooked foods, depending on your need.