Best Wraps

Options
I'm looking for suggestions for the best wraps to sandwiches with. Best is your opinion: low calorie, high fiber, low carb, best tasting, best price, etc.
I'm at a loss for wraps and I've been craving some big healthy sandwiches lately!
TIA!
Stacy

Replies

• raylenel
    raylenel Posts: 41
    Options
    Good topic - I look forward to some ideas! :)
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Bump! I'd like some ideas too
  • MagsRad
    MagsRad Posts: 26
    Options
    Me too! Bump
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    *bump*
  • laurabini
    laurabini Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I usually make turkey, avocado and emmenthal wrap! it tastes delicious :)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Big pieces of lettuce. Seriously, lettuce wrap tacos are delicious.
  • lvondy
    lvondy Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I use the Multi-grain version of this brand. I think they taste great.

http://www.tumaros.com/productlist.aspx?catid=Low+in+Carb+Tortillas
  • lbarnett300
    Options
    My wife and I use Ole' extreme wellness. They have several flavors.......Love em
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of Joseph's Lavash. Same for flat-out. Both have whole grain / flax / options.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    flat out makes great wraps. Usually found in the deli section of the store, they huge, 90-100 calories a wrap, and taste great.
  • TeutonicKnight
    TeutonicKnight Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    http://latortillafactory.com/products-5.aspx

http://latortillafactory.com/products-4.aspx

I make them with guacamole, 4oz shaved turkey, mild pepper rings, etc and can keep it under 350 calories with over 30grams of Protein and 12g of Fiber! Friend me and see for yourself! I am a good guy!
  • Shelby814
    Shelby814 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I use low carb/whole wheat tortilla wraps (81 cals). I often spread a wedge of Light Laughing Cow Cheese (35 cals) on them; variety of flavors. I use 3-4 oz of tuna, chicken breast or left over salmon for my protein. Then I add whatever veggies I feel like that day: baby spinach, tomato, onion, mushrooms, lettuce. I occasionaly add a couple slices of avacado & top it off with 1 tsp of yellow mustard or cranberry mustard. Yummy! I wrap it in tin foil so it stays together while I eat it. :)
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    i do la tortilla factory low carb 100 calorie wraps...sometimes i make a burrito ...1/3 cup tortilla stuffers (old el paso, many flavors) ...lettuce, onion and 100 cal pack of wholly guacamole, and salsa.

some times i do just a veggie wrap...lettuce tomatoes, cukes, roasted red peppers (out of jar, patted dry) & onions...topped with a nice balsamic vinagrette

also i do turkey (thin n trim) with lettuce and onions, lite mayo mixed with hot rooster sauce (sriracha)

also i use perdue chicken fingers or any purdue frozen chicken....with lettuce, tomatoes, peppers, onions...with blue cheese dressing or bbq sauce
  • tistal
    tistal Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mission whole wheat tortilla smeared with 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Garlic and Herb cheese topped with 3oz grilled chicken and a handful of fresh spinach! YUM!
  • faiga
    faiga Posts: 47
    Options
    I usually by my own wraps and make my own sandwhiches.
    I use flax seed wraps (Roll up) the taste takes getting used to but its good
    its 110 calories and i think 14 grams of fiber.
    I also like Mission wraps I get the Mission whole wheat Carb balance its higher in calories but tastes like regular wraps
    its 210 for a wrap 32 carbs and 26 grams of fiber i put in 6 0z of turky breas 150 cal. tonz of lettuce veggies and a little hummus and ketchup for condomints
    its a little high in calories but tastes awesome and is very healthy
  • brittnicoledav
    Options
    I love healthy wraps, I kinda made this one up as i went along and its my fave at the moment.

I first make the "rice" from this site http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/mexican_rice.html
    I add some sliced green pepper and cook them as well.
    I add some grilled chicken breast and i put the mixture in a wrap! sooo yummy, and makes several servings! I hope you like it!
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    the Flat Out wraps are good, different flavors, higher fiber and such.
  • jbalge
    jbalge Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    When I make a wrap I usually buy the GreatWraps! and then do a layer of hummus and then a ton of veggies! It keeps me full and it tastes great. I can mix it up by using different kinds of hummus and different vegetables. At a restaurant that I was at, they had tuna salad wraps and they used big lettuce pieces as the wraps! It was so good!
  • run4yourlife
    run4yourlife Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DizsJourney
    DizsJourney Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Flat out is good, i use that to make pizzas. I just discovered Joseph's Lavash (spelling?) bread yesterday and I am in love with it already. 100 calories for a flatbread that is slightly larger than a piece of paper.