Calling All Early Birds!!

Options
2»

Replies

• tmlandis
    tmlandis Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I too am an early bird. Let me clarify that I HATE MORNINGS. I don't care if it's 4AM or 10AM, if I just woke up, it's morning. I have twin 3 year olds that keep me running my butt off and I work fulltime. Early morning is really the only time I have to myself. I get up at 4:30 to get a run or walk in before work, then do my strength training at lunch. It's taken quite a while for this to become a habit, but it finally has. I still grunt and groan when the alarm goes off, but I tell myself "nobody ever got a rockin' body by staying in bed". It also helps that my hubby is a super early riser so I don't have to be all quiet and stealthy in the morning. Once you make the commitment, you'll get there. Like today, it's a rest day so I got to "sleep in" until 5:30...I was still wide awake at 4:15. It's hard to set good habits!
  • pammbroo
    pammbroo Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    You just have to make a commitment to get up early and do it... Once you start doing it, it becomes a habit, then you start to love it.. That's what worked for me...

^^^This. And it does get easier. Promise! lol You'll find that you feel so much better on days that you get up and do it...mentally and physically. Good luck!
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I would love to get up earlier to get in the 30 DS dvd. I get up between 5:30-6:00 right now. To do the video and get ready for work I'd have to get up at 5:00 AM. I could probably do it but I'd have to start getting to bed earlier. I usually go to bed between 10:30-11:00.

What time do you all go to sleep if you are getting up so early?

we put our kids down round 8 or 9pm...and I try to go to bed by 10. odd nights I'll stay up to watch tv till 11 .... but usualy tiered enough to go to sleep by 10...i try to get 7 -8 hours in. I would like to be up by 6pm ..even 5:30 would be great...My first daycare child arrives at 7:15...and my kids wake round 7:30.
  • HotHol
    HotHol Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    yaaaaa! Sucess today....put the alarm across the room....was up at 5:45!!! thanks all!