Question for the ladies...

Options
I need help! I have been trying to run lately, but I have been having a problem: the girls. So far I have not found a sports bra that manages to keep them from bouncing. This is somewhat painful and very annoying. So far the only way i have kept them from bouncing is to wear two sports bras, but that is so restrictive that it makes it really difficult for me to breathe. I need a sports bra that can keep my generous twins under control. Any suggestions on ones that work well for you?

Replies

• jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    I would like to know too. I also wear two sports bras when I go running.
  • marissa4354
    marissa4354 Posts: 140
    Options
    Normally I wear 2 sports bras.. but when I don't this one works really well...

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=6436214
  • MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Are you getting sports bras that are sized S, M, L or are you using the ones that are sized the same as a regular bra? I've found the later work better at keeping everything contained.

Also, I read somewhere that they did a study and a regular bra actually provided more support than a sports bra. So I've tried exercising in a regular bra and it did work better! (And, yet, I still buy and wear sports bras ... go figure.)
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    There is another post that I'd started about this with some names of good ones on it, if you are in the USA. I'm in Canada and wasn't able to find any of them. I feel your pain, can't run too long cause it hurts too much! Good luck in your search! :flowerforyou:
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    There's a company called Title Nine Sports that sells all women's sporty clothes, and they have multiple bra selections, categorized by degree of support, up to immobile and bounce free. Models include "The Bounceless Bra," "The Last Resort," and "The Hallelujah Bra" - perhaps you might find some help there? I am not fortunate to have this issue, but I wish you luck.
  • darthkatalyst
    Options
    ah! i'm so glad someone mentioned this! i'm having the same problem :/
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    A regular bra actually supported me better- plus no uniboob. lol
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    2 fantastic options...
    Enell
    Glamorise Front Hook Racer Back or Sport Wirefree
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I need help! I have been trying to run lately, but I have been having a problem: the girls. So far I have not found a sports bra that manages to keep them from bouncing. This is somewhat painful and very annoying. So far the only way i have kept them from bouncing is to wear two sports bras, but that is so restrictive that it makes it really difficult for me to breathe. I need a sports bra that can keep my generous twins under control. Any suggestions on ones that work well for you?
    I don't run. Its not worth the two black eyes. Was going to sugesst the doubling up, but you've already tried that. Sorry. Don't know what else to offer.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Uniboob....:laugh: /snicker

I have the same problem. I wear a sports bra in XL and squash them flat(ish)...poor girls. They'll have to suffer until I get closer to my goal weight however, because I can't afford to buy a whole new wardrobe or essentials every time I lose a clothing size.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    I have found that a regular bra with a sports bra over it works very well!
  • Raches5638
    Raches5638 Posts: 18
    Options
    I feel like we all have this problem...and everyone seems to have a unique solution that works for them. I generally wear two but then I always end of feeling hot and clastrophoic...you just can't win!
  • bikegirl777
    Options
    I wear a uniboob sports bra underneath and a fitted sports bra over. I got two fitted sports bras at running shops. They clasp in back and pack everything tight, but the lining is too scratchy, hence the under bra. They were expensive, but worth it. They work and they've lasted for a few years and through my recent change in cup size.
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Shock Absorbers are the best...my boobs are really small, really, but my flatmate has whoppers (34GG) haha and she says shock absorbers are A-MAZING stop the bouncing completely. you can get measured for a shock absorber and order one custom from Bravissimo
  • NikkiDerrig386
    NikkiDerrig386 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I work our ia a bar that crosses in the back and a sports bra over... I am a C I hate when they move at all while working out. This makes is stay right where they are and they look nice too ;) lol
  • corky882002
    Options
    I'm not that well endowed but I love my enells. They are not very pretty but they really control the bounce and they are comfortable and wicking too. I've tried other sports bras and they just didn't control the girls well enough for me. I'm currently breastfeeding so I am sensitive to movement.

hth
  • maddiebabe
    maddiebabe Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you could try under armour. i have one of their bras froma year ago and its two layered but built as one. its not constricting but very supporting. i love running in it, and i also horseback ride in it all the time. the only thing I can offer beyond that is that underwire sports bras are not a great choice compared to the non-underwire :)

Hope that helps!
  • stratdl
    stratdl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I would second the Shock Absorber bras. I also have a couple of Royce Impact Free bras that I like and another one (I'm wearing it now, so I can't see the name).

Obviously, you can't just run out to Wal-Mart to get these suckers. Here are two places online from which I"ve ordered bras:

www.herroom.com
    www.figleaves.com

Please note that I'm around a 32G (or at least I was. I think I've dropped a cup size or two now). These websites have fantastic customer service and are more than happy to exchange the bra if it's not quite right. Also, they'll have reviews and notes on what to look for in a fit.

Good luck in your search!

Cheers! :drinker:
  • SpiveyMay
    SpiveyMay Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    The best one I have for running is from Champ Sports. For me, the sports bras that come up higher in the front are better that the lower cut ones. They seem to control the flopage better.
  • twotongal
    twotongal Posts: 12
    Options
    www.underworks.com/bras/

The bras here have made both a C wearer and a DD wearer vary happy, these hold em firm, the section on support items is great to adding right were you need moment stopped.

If ya order the no st reach ones just remember it's no give at all as the DD wearer found some days she felt too confiding order the extenders for those I need give days.
    Prices are nice too.