I have the answer...if you're discouraged.

So, I have been working my *kitten* off for over thirty days and not a whole lot is showing on the scale. My big bro, sister, and best friend are all having the same problem. So instead of saying f' it, I propose a challenge. All you need is 35 more days. Five weeks more. If at that point you want to give up or try something else then by all means, go ahead! Here is the challenge : Tonight, when you complete your food journal the mfp computer will give you your 5 week projected weight. Take that number, and put it on the calendar 35 days from today....as your goal. If you don't get at least really close to it, then you should try something different. But this challenge is designed to validate your hard work. I am doing this! It's only 35 more days! Who's with me? If you're in....post your projection. We will update our success at the halfway point.

Replies

• kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    i am in! not really feeling discouraged per say.. just need a little more motivation!
  • LisaD1025
    LisaD1025 Posts: 74 Member
    You. Are. A GENIUS!! I am SOOO going to do this tonight! Thank you!!
  • Sunbeam0904
    Sunbeam0904 Posts: 53 Member
    Hi grace, I did this a few months ago for a few weeks and did well then got tired of it and stopped. Now I have been back for 10 days and lost 5 lbs in the first 6 days and then gained almost 4 lbs in the past 4 days! So yeah, feeling a bit discouraged but hoping to see at least those four pounds fall back off in the next 35 days! I'm with you!
  • lcutlip
    lcutlip Posts: 1 Member
    I am so in!!!
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Hmmm, sound interesting...I think I'll try that!
  • rolliepollie087
    rolliepollie087 Posts: 251 Member
    Sounds like a great idea =D
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    One of my mfp friend Eeekie kept track too and she said it was pretty much on target.
  • onegoal2
    onegoal2 Posts: 47
    Right on! I'm in
  • I'm in! Will check it tonight when I'm done logging....sounds like a good idea to me!
  • mmonconduit
    mmonconduit Posts: 51 Member
    try increasing your fiber intake. I was stuck at the same weight for a little over 2 weeks and when I increased my fiber intake I was also eating over my allowed cals and I worked out 2 days less than normal and still lost a pound. Fiber one bars are an easy way to do it. I eat one a day now and they are pretty tasty.
  • I'm in til the end of March. I made a 90 day commitment to self. One thing I just realized by analyzing the 90 day daily food report. I was unknowingly increasing my caloric intake every so slightly over time. This should explain my plateauing. I knew I was going over a tad here, a tad there, which according to the "if every day were like today, you would weigh..." I should have still been losing weight I was not. But I would encourage all of you to look into your daily intake, daily exercise over time. You may be like me & not realizing small mistakes here & there that were all adding up.
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    im in, mine said 221 tonight when i completed my diary. (its public by the way if anyone wants a nosy!)
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Great idea, I'll do it tonight.
  • I'm in! I try to stay near my calorie goal, but I sometimes feel better if I go over a little bit. That helps me not feel like eating a ton of food later from hunger :D Even when I go over by 200 cals, I still am pleased my projected weight.
  • clarispent
    clarispent Posts: 16 Member
    I really like this idea! Thank you!
  • OK ladies and gentlemen... I"M IN!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    I have wanted to track it so this is a great idea...
  • HAPage24
    HAPage24 Posts: 33 Member
    Im in!!! Brilliant idea!!!
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Excellent idea!!! I'M IN!!!!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    I've also joined a group of us who are not getting on the scales for 1 month. We are going to log food, log exercise, and stay focused. But this I am going to do as of tonight.