Anybody else pregnant?

Options
I just found out yesterday I am expecting! Super excited but alos super worried about gaining alot of weight and being right back where I started. Looking for support and advice. I would love to see what everyone else is eating and where you stay for calories etc. Let's be prego friends!!!

Replies

• bmosher8
    bmosher8 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am not currently pregnant but I do have two kids of my own(1 and 4 years old) and I remember feeling the same way, with my first I gained 40Lbs and I swore I wouldn't with my second and I only gained 25Lbs which was all baby and fluid etc. so I had like 5 pounds to lose after my son was born, you just have to eat healthy and try to find healthier ways to satisfy your cravings like frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. I would add around 300 more cal to what you already eat at first, but for sure ask your doctor or midwife they would know what is best for you.
  • amyjean0202
    amyjean0202 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently pregnant and am having a hard time dealing with the weight I am gaining. Two years ago I lost 32lbs and I have slowly seen that weight creep back on. I still have 6 weeks to go and I have gained 40lbs thus far. I am hoping to not gain much more, but I feel like it's out of my control. I keep track of my calories and I exercise at least 3-4 times a week (it is getting much more difficult). I do think I am retaining a lot of water, my ankles are very swollen and painful. I know my baby boy will be worth it in the end but seeing the scale being the highest it's ever been in my entire life is definitely emotionally draining.
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! I'm also pregnant.. 17 weeks. I've lost 20 lbs since the beginning of my pregnancy, and that's without trying anything. I was 215 at my first ob appointment and I'm now 194.5. I was an active member last summer and became inactive while trying to conceive. :p So I was worried cause I've had no sickness and still losing weight and talked with my doc about it.. she said that as long as I do eat til I'm full and when I'm hungry and take my vitamins then everything is ok. :) I have a doppler and monitor how big my belly is every week by taking pics and it is growing.. so now I'm thinking since I seem to be losing weight.. I want to track it.. So I became active again.. actually my doc said it would be ok to lose a few more lbs since I was so overweight.. whatever I can lose in the next 3 weeks (til 20) and then maintain. My goal is to get into the 180's at least.. I'm sure I'll drop an instant 20 lbs at birth so if I make it to 185 and lose 20 pounds at birth I'll be around 165 lbs which is super close to my goal and I also plan on breastfeeding. I have a fear of being obese and by that I mean (more than 200lbs) my sis is, my aunt, my mother.. and I promised myself if I noticed I was getting into that zone I'd get back out of it. :/ It would be nice to share this experience with another pregnant mother. :)
  • snkoyle15
    snkoyle15 Posts: 102
    Options
    Congrats on finding out about your little bean!!!
    You can add me to if you'd like. I am 5 weeks pregnant with our second child. we have a very sweet little girl that will be 2 the end of this month. When i was pregnant with her my morning sickness was unbelievable! i lost 27lbs between weeks 6 and 20. then i only put about 17 of that back on. and i felt AMAZING!!! my dr wasnt concerned in the least either. he said it was perfectly fine where i started out overweight. so far with this one i have lost 4 lbs, im not going to try to loose weight but i would love it if i did manage some.
  • cassandra77
    cassandra77 Posts: 120
    Options
    Wow... I wish I could lose while pregnant LOL I also get morning sickness but I usually feel better when I eat and unfortunately it last all day ughhh. So should I go to maintenance calories or stay with what I have which is losing one pound a week. I am def. overweight at 5 feet 7 inches 171 pounds. Hoping not to go higher than 185. I was 225 when I delivered my son in 2009.
  • SheltonMarchman
    SheltonMarchman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm not! But congrats on yours! ;-)
  • CherokeeTopaz
    CherokeeTopaz Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Wow... I wish I could lose while pregnant LOL I also get morning sickness but I usually feel better when I eat and unfortunately it last all day ughhh. So should I go to maintenance calories or stay with what I have which is losing one pound a week. I am def. overweight at 5 feet 7 inches 171 pounds. Hoping not to go higher than 185. I was 225 when I delivered my son in 2009.

In your case I would just try to maintain and if some fell off due to eating healthier and not trying then that's a bonus.. but don't try to lose cause you'll weigh about 20 lbs less in the end at least. How far are you?? I didn't read that anywhere?? Just starting out??
  • NYCDutchess
    NYCDutchess Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Listen Plainly put, you are what you eat. If you don't use pregnancy as a crutch, and eat healthy foods you will be fine!

Don't limit your food, just be sure you're eating lean, fruits, veggies...I mean really, think of it as what you're feeding your baby.

Hugs and Congrats!!!
  • Kenzietea2
    Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Hello! I found out I was in January. I definitely understand not wanting to gain a lot of weight, that is why I am still on here as well! I would like to follow exactly how much weight my doctor recommends gaining. So far, because of morning sickness, I have actually lost some weight. Don't be too alarmed if this occurs in your pregnancy too, I guess it is fairly common and nothing to worry about- so long as it is not a lot of weight (but still something to tell your doctor). You can add me if you like, I'm due 9/6 =)
  • cassandra77
    Options
    I hope I'm not! But congrats on yours! ;-)

LOL Thank you!
  • cassandra77
    Options

In your case I would just try to maintain and if some fell off due to eating healthier and not trying then that's a bonus.. but don't try to lose cause you'll weigh about 20 lbs less in the end at least. How far are you?? I didn't read that anywhere?? Just starting out??

Yes... I just found out yesterday. i would say i am only about 5 weeks. Going to the Dr. next week so I'll be curious to see.
  • cassandra77
    Options
    Listen Plainly put, you are what you eat. If you don't use pregnancy as a crutch, and eat healthy foods you will be fine!

Don't limit your food, just be sure you're eating lean, fruits, veggies...I mean really, think of it as what you're feeding your baby.

Hugs and Congrats!!!

I agree and thank you!
  • cassandra77
    Options
    Hello! I found out I was in January. I definitely understand not wanting to gain a lot of weight, that is why I am still on here as well! I would like to follow exactly how much weight my doctor recommends gaining. So far, because of morning sickness, I have actually lost some weight. Don't be too alarmed if this occurs in your pregnancy too, I guess it is fairly common and nothing to worry about- so long as it is not a lot of weight (but still something to tell your doctor). You can add me if you like, I'm due 9/6 =)

Congrats! I sent you a request :)
  • paigemarie93
    paigemarie93 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Congratulations :]
  • cassandra77
    Options
    Congratulations :]

Thank You!
  • ImGoingToHealth
    Options
    I just found out I'm 5-6 weeks pregnant!
  • cassandra77
    Options

That's about where I am! Congrats!
  • snkoyle15
    snkoyle15 Posts: 102
    Options

That's about where I am! Congrats!
    im 5 weeks as well. due right around halloween!
  • chstarling
    chstarling Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am currently 12W5D preggers :smile: I currently have my cals set to maintenance. I think beginning in 2nd trimester, I will move up to gain half a pound per week, then in 3rd trimester, gain 1 pound per week. I have used MFP when losing in the past, and I am hoping it will be as effective to ensure I gain only a HEALTHY amount. I am still close to the top of my healthy weight range (5'2" 133 lbs.), so I hope to gain no more than 25 lbs with this bundle of joy. Also, I am a FTM. :happy:
  • RNmomto4
    RNmomto4 Posts: 143
    Options
    Not currently pregnant..but I have a 51/2 year old, 3 1/2 year old, 2 year old, and 4.5 month old. I gained 50 pounds with both my first 2 pregnancies, 23 pounds with my 3rd, and 45 with this last pregnancy. I am currently 7 pounds under my weight from my first pregnancy. I have gained and lost more weight than anyone I know...so enjoy your pregnancy, try to eat healthy, and know that its possible to lose it all with a little hard work :)

Congrats!