I’m not invisible anymore

Options
ninelives58
ninelives58 Posts: 160 Member
I walk around my office complex just about every day at lunchtime. I started doing this last summer when I started MFP. Since then I’ve lost 34 pounds. While walking, I always see people going back and forth in the parking lot, but lately I’ve been surprised that some of the younger businessmen that would have completely ignored me before are speaking to me. I don’t mean in a pick-up sort of way, just being friendly. Wow, I hadn’t thought of that before – another benefit to getting healthy!

Replies

• ivleafklover
    ivleafklover Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    That must feel really REALLY good! And good for you :D
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the 34 pounds!!! :) Sounds like you had a good day too! :)
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I remember when I realized I wasn't invisible anymore, too. It was really interesting to not realize it until you aren't. Good job on your weight loss!
  • capabledesire
    Options
    Awesome feeling! I know for me it was like a whole new world when I finally started looking up as I walked and not down at the ground:)
  • HizGlory
    HizGlory Posts: 18
    Options
    That fact that you spoke back means you're a better person than me :wink: I'm one of those people where if you didn't speak to me then when I really could have used the encouragement PLEASE don't bother to speak now!!

CONGRATS on your success!!! You are an inspiration!!!
  • HittingHerStride
    Options
    It has always been so strange to me that the heavier a person becomes the more invisible they become. I've noticed how less attention I get, whether it's someone coming onto me or just being nice and friendly, I have noticed how little doors get held open for me by males when I am in public, it was never an issue before. The reality is we are visual creatures, especially men.

great job at losing 34lbs!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!