This is my success story. :)

Options
zontuin
zontuin Posts: 72 Member
Here is my success story.
I started my weight loss journey last October 2011. I had 25 pounds I wanted to lose. Somehow that weight had just crept on slowly over time, and before I knew it, I was in trouble. I was miserable looking at the photos from my October vacation. I couldn't believe that frumpy bumpy person was me. I didn't like it. I didn't have a lot of energy. I felt bad about myself. And for me, I think what was worse, was that I kept buying bigger and bigger clothes, thinking that would be the end of it. But then they would get tight again, and I'd buy more in a bigger size. I hated not having anything that fit or was comfortable to wear. I hated not looking good or feeling good about myself.

That was my turning point. I decided I needed to do something. I started counting calories and found MFP. I loved MFP! Right off, I found some wonderful and supportive friends (who are the BEST)! Then I started exercising again. I now feel like a whole new person. I weigh and count everything that I put in my mouth. I understand better about what is a healthy portion for me. I eat several small meals a day, including planned snacks. Because I never go longer than 2 hours without eating, I never feel hungry. I don't avoid any food, so I never feel deprived. I try to focus on fresh fruits and vegetables, and I love dairy.

I am 5' 3" tall. My starting weight was 150 pounds.
I reached my 25 pound weight-loss goal (125 pounds) on February 8, 2012 and hit a 30 pound loss (120 pounds) on February 22.
My weight loss took me 4.5 months.
I lost 1 inch on my neck, 5 inches from my waist, and 4 inches from my hips.
My BMI went from 26.6 (overweight) to 21.3 (healthy).
I went from a size 12 pants to a size 4. YEAH!

I learned so much on my journey. Most importantly, I learned that I can do anything I put my mind to.
I've started running again. I'm an amateur and not very good at it, but it feels so good to be active again.
To challenge myself, I'm planning on my very first 5K race in April, and I'm excited and petrified. But I know I can do it!

I'm a bit camera shy, so it's taken me a while to get this post out there. Thanks to my friends for their patience!
My photos are terrible, so my apologizes in advance!
I blanked out my face to keep my secret identity, but I'm sorry you can't see the weight loss on my face, which still surprises me when I look in the mirror! :) Anyway, here they are:

Before photos (October 1, 2011)
Before1_Edited.jpgBefore2_Edited.jpg

After photos (February 11, 2012)
After1_Edited.jpgAfter2_Edited.jpg

Here's my before and after side by side:
Before1_Edited.jpgAfter1_Edited.jpg

If you've made it this far, THANKS for reading my success story!
I wish you the best of luck in your journey. I know you can do it!
It is SO worth it! Nothing can replace your health and feeling good about yourself.
YOU are worth it.
Friend me if you like. I'm happy to support you.

Replies

• AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Nice work, you look very healthy
  • noahsampeer1
    noahsampeer1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing. I know what you mean about the weight creeping up on you like that. Congrats and I hope I'm as successfull.
  • GNBC
    GNBC Posts: 9
    Options
    You look fantastic! and in 4.5 months...how cool is that! I am the same height and wishing for the same weight so great inspiration. Good luck with the race!
  • __jellybabylover_
    Options
    This was such a great story to read! Ive just started my fitness journey (literally yesterday), and i hope i can do just as well as you have. Everything you have mentioned i feel too and ive had enough. Really happy for you x
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Wow,you are so small now! I totally understand the weight creeping up on you and pictures slapping you in the face with reality. It is not fun! Thanks for being a constant supporter and encouragement! You're awesome. :)
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    Awesome job!! You look very healthy at 120 lb weight. I am half way through your start weight and end weight....I still have about 15 lbs to go to the 120. May I ask what was your calorie intake and exercise regime to get to this weight? I think 4.5 months is very healthy time frame. The last 15-20 lbs are very difficult to lose so you did a great job!
  • capturingsmiles
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great job!
  • Lizi19
    Lizi19 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You should be extremely proud!
  • JamminAng
    JamminAng Posts: 36
    Options
    YOU are my inspiration! I will most certainly be friending you! I am also 5'3" and I also am currently 150. It crept up slowly, like you... but I am SO tired of not seeing an "after!" My goal is 120 - 125 and I am so inspired by seeing that you have done it and you look so healthy! Thank you for sharing your success story and your photos! My ONLY sadness is that we can't see your smile, as I am certain there's a smile on there from ear to ear! :-)
  • raylenel
    raylenel Posts: 41
    Options
    Can you provide some tips as far as diet/exercise/calories that really helped get things going for you? Thanks and congrats!
  • daniivdean
    daniivdean Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You are amazing this is just what I needed today. Thank you!
  • zontuin
    zontuin Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    May I ask what was your calorie intake and exercise regime to get to this weight?

Thanks!
    I was eating 1200 calories daily while I was trying to lose (a tiny bit above my BMR).
    I focused mostly on walking most days, and started running at some point.
    I would walk/run for about 45 minutes a day. WIth one rest day, every 7-10 days.
    Good luck with your weight loss!
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congrats!!!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Great job! Don't be scared of the 5k. You'll kick its butt. :)
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I love to see sucess stories! You look great!!
  • JP0308
    JP0308 Posts: 2
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!!! :)
  • sunshinesodevine
    Options
    WOW, you look absolutely amazing!! Congrats on your weight loss...you have inspired me...
  • stitchinggirl
    Options
    I started this at 155lbs.

I am 5' 2"

Outside of the 1" difference I could have written this entry minus the success story!

I am no kidding one bit when I say I am sitting here at work with tears in my eyes and a burning in my throat fighting the tears that want to fall.

As sad as I am with fighting the tears, I'm inspired and hope for my wedding day in 6+ months, I can come somewhere near to your success!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    You've done an amazing job, and you should be very proud of yourself! <3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!