Day one for this lady!

Options
Day one, here we go. You have to start somewhere, right? ;D
Well, this is not the first time using MFP for me. I was using it almost a year ago, and was doing really well! I lost about 30 lbs, and then went on vacation with my family in August, and it went downhill from there. I stopped using MFP, and stopped working out and eating well. So since then I have gained all my weight back, and then some. Eww. I don't know why, but I always give up after awhile, and am not consistant. Is anyone else like that? Ugh, very annoying. But, I am going to break that cycle and make this a lifestyle change! Not a diet.... a lifestyle change. =D I can do it!
I have become very depressed with in the last few months. I have litterally been doing nothing but work, then coming home and sitting on my butt and eating whatever I want. I am an emotional eater for sure! I am ready to break away from this depression, and fill my belly with healthy foods, and start walking again! I want to be the very best, as well as FEEL the very best.
I would love to have lots of supportive friends on here that can help motivate me and support me, and visa versa!

Replies

• raedient61
    raedient61 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am very inconsistent too. I have also determined that this is going to be the last time I lose this weight. We can do this if we make healthy eating and exercise a way of life. Here's to an amazing journey! Feel free to add me as a friend if you would like.

Tammie
  • StizzyP
    StizzyP Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I understand the 'work all day and collapse at night" thing, since I'm living it right now. I'm working on ways to beat that trap as we speak. Feel free to add me and I will support you the best I can. -Steve
  • LadyDodge02
    Options
    You guys are awesome and I am adding you! Thank you for the kind words. And Tammie... I love that you said "Here's to an amazing journey!" Very cool! Cheers!
  • katiew00t
    katiew00t Posts: 164
    Options
    Hey girl! I joined MFP in January and LOVE IT!! I used to only go to work and sleep, and sit on my butt during free time. Now I'm at the gym 5 days a week and walk my dog every day. It was a challenge to get started, but now that I'm active, I can't imagine NOT being active. In addition to exercise, I changed my diet completely--lifestyle change!!

Feel free to add me, I'll help motivate you!
  • LadyDodge02
    Options
    Whoo hoo! Thanks Katie... I will add you! Wehn I was working out, and walking, I felt soo good. I can't wait to get back to that feeling and crawl out of this hole!
  • mricher
    mricher Posts: 8
    Options
    I can relate to a lot of what you wrote! It is great that you decided to come back and get the support you need! Hopefully as you get back into healthier habits you will start to feel better, not only physically, but mentally/emotionally too! I'm an emotional eater and likely a food addict so it is a journey with setbacks and successes! I am half way to my goal and always looking for new ideas and support so feel free to friend me if you'd like. :)
  • LadyDodge02
    Options
    Thanks! I will add you. I love to see people who can relate to me as my friend on here, So I can cheer them on and see what they are eating/doing on a daily basis. It is so cool!
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Don't be too hard on yourself. There are so many of us who have lost weight only to gain all or some of it back. The positive side is that you've been on MFP before and had success so you know what the key to it is! Take it day by day and you will get lots of support here. Best of luck to you! :o)
  • mightywibb74
    Options
    Hey hey now your talking. I joined MFP I think last year sometime and did it for awhile saw some results and then well life happened and don't you know hello poundage!! Well, here I am again too 1 week into it and feeling good. Just want to say welcome and keep your head up because if you don't you might run into a wall. ;) Add me for a support!!
  • LadyDodge02
    Options
    Just a quick update... today marks day 7, and today was weigh in day... drum roll.... 6 lbs down! Whoo hoo!! *does a happy dance*