Zumba calorie tracker, is it accurate?

Options
2»

Replies

• j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    WHOA.... i've been doing Zumba for about 2 weeks and I always changed the calorie number that MFP showed cause I thought it was so HIGH! maybe not?!?! We do it for 45-50 min and it gives me like 692 but i usually change it to 500 as i thought it was too high. i don't use a HRM, i'm 5'10, 240 pounds. Can anyone tell me if they think I should leave at what MFP says???
    I DO love it and am finding that each day it seems MORE of a workout! seem to get sweatier by the day! ;)
  • j_desmet
    j_desmet Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    AND do i log it here as "aerobics, high impact" ????
  • Kgetshealthy
    Options
    AND do i log it here as "aerobics, high impact" ????

you can, and adjust the cals to what you lost. I actually listed mine yesterday under "belly dancing" because i didnt notice the "aerobics" option.

You can also create your own exercise and list it as Zumba, however when I did mine yesterday, it wouldn't save.
  • MrsMMeyer
    MrsMMeyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies!!! I have decided to go with the website zumbacalories.com as it is a little lower than the game itself. The game said I burned 920 calories, but the website said I burned 734 in an hour of low intensity zumba. I will go with the lesser one so I don't eat those extra calories. Thanks again everyone. I love Zumba!!!
  • rstinne1
    rstinne1 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It might surprise you.....I've got a HRM because I wasn't trusting the calories on MFP. The Zumba wasn't far off. I'm 204 and for 55-60 minutes of Zumba I burn 710-730 calories a session.
  • TiaTKO
    TiaTKO Posts: 3
    Options
    How do you log in your Zumba exercise? Brand new here, and a little lost. :blushing:
  • nicolewalker245
    Options
    It was spot on for me --- On a medium intensity workout - Zumba Calc had me at 1011 and my Polar FT4 read 1022 during my last workout. It really does depend upon your fitness level - considering height and weight etc... As your fitness level improves you will burn less calories so a Heart rate monitor is really good idea...DOn't assume you will always have a high calorie burn.
  • nicolewalker245
    Options
    I added Zumba as a workout but noticed it didnt save on my ipod but came here to add and it stuck - I can go in and edit it as my fitness level improves. I never eat the extra calories alloted for workouts...so it's not an issue for me to under estimate.
  • painter1982
    Options
    I notice in the exercise category it don't come up with anything for the Zumba. How many calories does it burn, like for 130 pounds person for 30 minutes. One of you guys should add that.
  • painter1982
    Options
    caloriesburnedhq.com/zumba-calories-burned/ I found this site and it tells you the calories burned without making you sign up for anything