wish me luck

Options
I'm going home to my parents' house this weekend and am very worried I'm going to eat like crap and not be able to exercise. I'm going to try to talk my mom into walking with me, but the food thing is going to be tough. They always get my favorites when I'm home and they aren't exactly healthy (pizza, chinese food, chips, beer or wine, etc.) anyway, just wanted to send this out to help remind me to stay on track!

--sarahjo

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Some thoughts - veggie pizza on thin crust with salad....chinese food is hard - but there are healthier options or go for your favs just cut your portions back. I'd try to skip the chips but again - if you have to just limit your amount ---you can do it! I am cheering for you!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I'm going home to my parents' house this weekend and am very worried I'm going to eat like crap and not be able to exercise. I'm going to try to talk my mom into walking with me, but the food thing is going to be tough. They always get my favorites when I'm home and they aren't exactly healthy (pizza, chinese food, chips, beer or wine, etc.) anyway, just wanted to send this out to help remind me to stay on track!

--sarahjo

Ah, it's only for the weekend! I say enjoy yourself, TRY to get some exercise in, and then just get right back on track when you get back home! :smile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    yeah, enjoy yourself, but not too much. im going to my grandmas this afternoon, and she almost always makes me a marshmallow cake, it is the worst thing in the world for you,but i eat it anyway cause she made it for ME! the only thing you can really do in terms of will power, is portion control, and eat slowly, so they dont force more on you.
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Options
    Oh you will have fun! Protion control is the key, so enjoy and try to do some type of exercising. Then when you get home, get back on your usual, you will be okay, do not get on the scales until about a week after you are home and back on track, then you will not freak out. I went on a 5 day weekend to a family reunion, enjoyed myself, gained 3 pounds and lost it right back the next week. As you know the scales vary 5 pounds either way, so I said hey that is good. Have fun! :happy:
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    my mom knows that if its put in front of me, i will eat it, so i ask her that she doesnt buy yummy things especially for me. these things were in the house just for my visit :laugh:

when i visit she used to stock up on all my favourites, now i say if you really want to buy me something, i would prefer a book or something small that i cant eat! lol :blushing: