back hurts

Options
foxyforce
foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
i was working out to a dance dvd, 10 minutes: dance fat away fast, and i think i hurt my back from it. i could be wrong and could've just slept wrong

are there ways to stretch the back? or was i doing something wrong?

(sorry for the double post to the fitness forum, but i need a quick response cause i want to work out again)

Replies

• ptrad
    ptrad Posts: 22
    Options
    Do some walking until you feel better for working out so you do not stress the muscle, but can still feel like you are getting some exercise in. If you workin pain, it will take longer to heal.
  • jdhall
    jdhall Posts: 76
    Options
    If it is your low back, lay on the floor and pull your knees one at a time towards your chest, hold for 5 seconds and then do the other leg. This will stretch the muscles in the lower back. do 5 sets of 5, as often as you like, it does feel good even when your back does not hurt. You can also pull both legs in at the same time if you want. :smile:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    thanks for the stretching ideas guys, i needed them...i am guilty of doing one ten min circuit this morning. i can't just not exercise, it starts up the bad habit of never ever doing it.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    One thing that helps for lower back....keep your gut sucked in when you exercise. It will help support your back.