OMG i have eaten SOOOO much today

Options
I have been so hungry this week and tongiht just went a bit mad! had my dinner of low fat pasta and sauce then decided to have some of the yummy flatbread my bf had ( 400calories) then 2 chocolate muffins! (approx 800 calories) thats almost a days intake in bad stuff!

i am near my totm but thats no excuse, i have just gone off the rails lately.I just dont have any time to cook properly or exercise as i work full time and doing a degree part time... i know i need to make time for these things but feel under a lot of pressure at the moment and being comforted by yummy things.

Help please! i usually weigh in on friday but i cant face it tomorrow as know ill be heavier and cant face it!

Replies

• Fashen33404
    Options
    I too am having that same problem. But I just want to encourage you that it will get better. Just take it day by day. Somedays I go off on the deep end and eat like crazy and there are some days I stay under my caloric intake. Just keep pushing and do not give up. You can do it! I really do not have any suggestions for when you weigh in tomorrow but I did want to encourage you. I hope that everything works out for you.

God bless,

Fashen33404
  • waferzdog
    waferzdog Posts: 29
    Options
    First - weigh yourself on schedule - do not break the pattern. See how much impact this type of eating has. Keep in mind - we've all been there, done that. (me - more than once). Get back on track tomorrow and think about how to work in a "free day".
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    It's just one day. You recognize the problem, which means you have the power to correct and overcome it, and you will.

Make time for exercise. Walk or bike to work or school if it's at all feasible. After work, if it's safe to do in your neighborhood, put on some workout clothes and take a 30-minute walk outside; just pick a direction, walk for 15 minutes, then turn around and go back home the way you came. Exercise at work: get up and take a walk around the office for a few minutes every hour or so. If you're stressed, go for a walk instead of grabbing a snack--that's the biggest thing, is to retrain yourself to treat stress with something other than food. In the meanwhile, keep some healthier snacks on hand.

Ultimately, stop making excuses for yourself. You don't need to make excuses. Excuses are for lesser mortals! YOU ARE AWESOME, so act like it. Why should you let your uterus sabotage your progress? It ain't yo' momma, it can't tell you what to do!
  • sarahsummers12
    sarahsummers12 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have been off the rails big time this whole week... I have a lot going on in life at the moment, and it has all just gotten on top of me. I got up this morning and decided to stop using stress as an excuse and slap my self about and just do what I need to do... hopefully it works! lol... but soldier on and just get back to it - it's not falling off the wagon that matters - it's getting back up, chasing it down and jumping back on the *kitten* that counts! :-p
  • narrington77
    narrington77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    i usually weigh in just about everyday (i know its a habit) and its weird that the days i've gone a little nuts and felt bad i still sometimes lose weight... and like the previous poster said, either way weigh in since that's ur normal day and keep it moving. one bad day or bad meal isn't going to derail you unless you let it.