Bloated stomach after bigger meal!

Options
Hi All

Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem, I am off to Florida on Tuesday so want to look good in my bikini!

I have lost a few pounds and at times my stomach feels and looks so flat, but when I have a slightly bigger meal (well its not bigger but something like lasagne and salad rather than just a salad) I get so bloated and Im sure it looks like my stomach is bigger??

Replies

• hdroddy
    hdroddy Posts: 122
    Options
    Hi All

Just wanted to see if anyone else had the same problem, I am off to Florida on Tuesday so want to look good in my bikini!

I have lost a few pounds and at times my stomach feels and looks so flat, but when I have a slightly bigger meal (well its not bigger but something like lasagne and salad rather than just a salad) I get so bloated and Im sure it looks like my stomach is bigger??

Probably is. A big meal will bloat you a bit. Especially carbs. I find that red meat of any kind does it, as well, but that may well be just me.

As long as you're typically sticking to your calorie and exercise goals, your metabolism will process it fairly quickly and the swollen appearance will fade.

If you want to speed up the process - when I feel that way I'll do some light cardio for half an hour or so. Walking, maybe, nothing really strenuous. Seems to help.
  • LisaR517
    LisaR517 Posts: 80
    Options
    A gluten sensitivity, maybe?
  • hctucker69
    hctucker69 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I still seem to be under my calorie count each day sometimes by a few hundred but I thought surely this would make me lose weight? eating constantly seems like I would put weight on x