Atkins

Options
At a 4 stand still on atkins, only in my second week. Any Tips?

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    If you are tracking cal intake - look at your sodium. A lot of the typical foods beginners eat are loaded with it.
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi,

First I advise you to go to groups and search for low carb and join one of them, you should get lots of help there.

Anecdotally, people report that low carb products like Atkins bars/shakes etc stall them. These should be first to go if you're eating them, even the induction friendly ones.

If you don't have a lot to lose, you will find progress slow; often the case with any kind of diet. Just hang in there. There's a phenomenon known as the "whoosh", where you get a sudden, large drop of several pounds- you just may be saving up for that!

Outside of changing your diet, if the stall persists for a long time (a month or more), look into testing for hypothyroid or PCOS.
  • martinah4
    martinah4 Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    Can we see your diary? I find that I stall if I'm not eating a large portion of my carbs from veggies. Also, too much peanut butter, Splenda, or not enough water will stall me.
    Are you making sure that you are eating at least 2 cups of lettuce, and 1 cup of veggies?
    Are you drinking AT LEAST 64 oz of water?
    Are you drinking too much caffeine or diet soda?
    Are you paying attention to the sugars in salad dressings and sauces?
    Are you eating too much cheese? You should have no more than 4 oz of cheese on Induction.