Arms

Options
Any suggestions for a good arm routine for women? I am looking to tone and get a little definition.

I've got my legs and cardio routine down to a science, but struggling with the arms. I only do arms when incorporated in my cardio classes.

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    If you're new to lifting, very little direct arm work is needed, if any. I would recommend working on bench press, overhead press, pullups/chinups, etc. before direct arm work is added in.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    I always tell people this, but push ups! Even if you have to do them on your knees (ain't no shame girl, I only recently have graduated to full push ups), they are seriously an awesome upper body and core exercise.
  • autumnk921
    autumnk921 Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    I am just posting on here so that I can see what advice is given b/c I honestly would love the same advice...I just started with free weights & am looking for a good routine for arms too...Thanks for putting this up here! :)
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I am not new to working out, and I feel comfortable with the machines. I just need a routine to do. Right now I do just the normal bicep curls, triceps dips, tricep kick backs, etc. And push ups. I finally am able to do real ones too!
  • sradis
    sradis Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    An arm workout I like is to do three different exercises with three different grips. For example, you can do 2-3 sets of bicep curls with your palms facing up (barbell, machine, or dumbell), 2-3 sets with your palms facing sideways, and 2-3 with your palms facing down. Another variation would be to change the angle you are working your arm. For example 2-3 sets standing, seated on an incline bench, then leaning forward (e.g. preacher curl machine). Changing the angle or grip targets all the different parts of the muscle and adds variety. For your triceps, the same principle applies but with different exercises like cable pushdowns (palms down, palms up, sideways with the rope).