Has anyone done insanity?

Options
Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has done insanity? If so, what are your thoughts and how much weight has everyone lost?

Replies

• njean888
    njean888 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I did a round and now I'm doing another round. I did not lose alot of weight the 1st round but wow how my body changed. I was so tight and lean like never before. Hence which is why I'm doing it again. It's not for everyone but I love it!
  • arl29
    arl29 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I did it for a few weeks and quit. That was before I joined MFP. I gave up because I missed a couple of days in a row and I was frustrated. I have actually been thinking about starting up again. It's really hard and definitely not boring. I think it is an awesome workout.
  • Diamondcut1913
    Diamondcut1913 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have the tapes did one complete round. Did not lose weight but sure looked better. My figure did change. Problem is that after I finished I let myself go back to my old ways. Didn't focus on the eating portion at all. This time I decided to at least lose 25 pounds and then start again while eating correctly. There is a lot of jumping and thought the less weight would make my movements easier. I say do it! Any exercise program is better than just sitting around looking at the info comercials. Good Luck
  • MrsKosal
    MrsKosal Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I did 3 weeks of it and had to stop because I injured my rotary cuff. It is very intense. In the 3 weeks I did it, I didn't lose a lb, but I defintely gained a ton of endurance.
  • Ges220
    Ges220 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    DId it, Doing it, Love it.... It sucks but the burn is something serious. been doing it for 5 months off & on, with a few dvd's of p90x & old school taebo with weights. I am down about 20 lbs.
  • cyclerjenn
    cyclerjenn Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    Done it and loved it. I gained a lot of muscle while on the doing it and really saw a difference in my cycling performance. Getting ready to start the program again this evening to get ready for the summer.
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I started it several months ago. Got in a car wreck with 2 weeks left so I never finished. I managed to lose about 2 pounds per week when I was doing it.
  • NYGoddess77
    NYGoddess77 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've done Insanity and loved it. I went from 179 lbs to 150 lbs in 2 months. That was last year 1/2011 - 3/2011 I did not follow his eating plan either. I followed a paleo diet. I'm still 150 today...I haven't worked out much but I want to start it again so i'd be ready for the summer. I just lack motivation to get started or stay accountable :-(
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I wanted to know if anyone has done insanity? If so, what are your thoughts and how much weight has everyone lost?

Yes I've done it. I was at my goal weight, but it did reshape my body. I continue to hybrid it with P90X (which was how I lost my fat)
    I have many clients who do the program and they lose bodyfat and gain great cardio endurance (which is why I do it)

It's not a beginner program by any means, it's tough and high impact. If you have any other questions I'd be happy to help you.:smile:
  • blessing1992
    Options
    Hey!:) I did insanity last year for a couple weeks & stop right at the beginning of the second month because of vacation or something of that sort that...I didn't see much weight loss (like 2 pounds maybe) but I noticed my get sides smaller & I was definitely more fit then before. Even though I'd do insanity I'd still eat unhealthy foods...pizza, candy, ice cream, & just all sorts of junk food & I still saw results! Now I'm doing insanity all over again ...going to be a bridesmate this fall, so need to lose 60 pounds by September ! Hoping to lose a lot by summer though. I'm on day 5, it is not easy! This time though I plan to diet as well:) my suggestion is keep goin..whatever you do just dont stop! You may not see results right away...but in an instant it'll all just come off! :) if you follow through each day & push yourself ..you will definitely see results. Good luck!