killing me with love

Options
I'm gonna start by saying I LOVE MY HUSBAND he is a great guy loves me and supports me. But that is the crux of the situation. My husband loves me so much he won't even admit I'm fat! I'm definitely fat. He loves me so much that when I'm feeling tired and not wanting to work out he gets me a pillow and a blanket and 'takes the kids' so I can rest. He loves me so much that when I state I am craving chocolate he runs to the store and brings me chocolate so I don't feel bad. He loves me so much he tries to cook dinner but continues to make my favorites because he knows I love them. He loves me so much that he is willing to support my diet but he doesn't know how and in turn makes it harder on me because I love him enough not to force my dieting and exercise on him. (because he doesn't need it) I just wonder if there is a good way to get him to love me enough to stop enabling me.

Replies

• BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    You are a lucky girl! When my wife enables I just say no thanks as saying no to bad food is up to me and not up to her. It is all up to you.
    Nice guy though, nice guy......
  • OceansForever
    OceansForever Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    If he loves you that much it should be easy to tell him all this and go from there. If you tell him that you are wanting to change your lifestyle and what help he can give you, I am sure he'll support you but you need to figure that out first.

Once you know what you want, it should be easy
  • michellereneejenkins
    michellereneejenkins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    i have one of those too! lol spell out exactly what you want from him (men need you to be super straight forward. they are incapable of guessing.)

take him out of the equation all together. do this for you and set mini goals with mini rewards. (i'm one pound away from scheduling my massage!!)

do the heavy lifting yourself. plan the dinners and cook them yourself. (let him cook on the weekends but help him modify the recipe or save up a little for it)

congratulate yourself on having an awesome relationship! (and take a walk together holding hands discussing this instead of showing love with food, ... hard habit to break, i know.)

((spend more time in the bedroom together!!)) .. what,?? who said that?? :wink: