Question about 30 Day Shred

Options
I have the 30 Day Shred DVD but I don't do it consistently. When I do it, it's about 2 times a week on level 3. But on the days that I don't do it, I am doing Core Secrets or running at the track. Do you think I will still see good results this way, or should I really concentrate on doing Shred everyday for the next month?

Replies

• estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I had the same question, especially because the workout is only 25min... Many people squeeze other things in.. I also do indoor cycle so I'm going to keep doing that 2xs a week and - Jillian 3xs a week and squeeze in something else on the Jillian days. With Jillian I only burn 177 cals and I definitely need to do more...
  • BekahLuv
    BekahLuv Posts: 164
    Options
    How do you figure out how many calories you burn with Shred?
  • MrsM1ggins
    MrsM1ggins Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    log it as circuit training.
  • BekahLuv
    Options
    That's what I did... it tells me it burns 222 calories... not 177
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I do the shred 2-3X a week, and cardio or other strength the other 2-3 days. I just moved up to level 3 this week. I didn't take any 'before' pictures or measurements, so I don't have those comparisons, but I can tell you that I can see results. I am beginning to see muscle definition. I am steadily losing weight, and more important, I am so much stronger than I used to be.

The results come slower if you don't do it every day, but you will still see them for sure!!
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options

Your burn will vary depending on fitness level, amount of energy, all kinds of things.

222 is a fair estimate. I have a heart rate monitor and I was burning 200-240 during Shred most of the time. Ripped for me = a burn of around 270-300. (Longer workout.)
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options

I'm pretty sure MFP calculate sit based on your personal height and weight, also I suspect it takes into considertion your metabolism based on how active you say you are.
  • BekahLuv
    Options
    Ok, that makes sense.
  • estherpab
    estherpab Posts: 59 Member
    Options

What you weigh determines how many cals you burn....