Looking for Fellow P90X people

Options
I'm currently doing P90X, on day 61, but I am looking for anyone that is currently doing it, and whats a place for accountability and motivation. I've had this program for quite sometime, and have been usign the workouts off and on for awhile, but this it the first time I amd sticking with the actual program. I also have P90X +. and P90X2 ready to go when I am done with this round.

A little background on me, I am 29, and have been fighting weight my whole life, two years ago I found out my wife was pregnaunt and decided I needed to get in shape. I started out at 305 pounds, and this past Saturday I weighed in at 230, so 75 pounds gone. I am in some of the best shape of my life, and am improving everyday.

So come join the group and lets help keep each other motivated.

Also those that aren't doing P90X can join in as well, I just like to talk to like minded peple that want to get in shape, so no matter what program you are doing, come join the discussion.

Replies

• lilfurson
    lilfurson Posts: 190
    Options
    Thanks for the add already. I'm currently doing the Strength Training programs on my days I don't run. So while not completely sticking to P90X i'm still using it along with my other exercises.
  • FitMama2013
    FitMama2013 Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    There's a P90X 2012 group on MFP - search for us because there's alot of people doing it!! I'm on day 33 so feel free to add me if you'd like
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Love P90X! I do it in conjunction with other workouts, so I don't get bored. This weekend will be Kenpo and Plyo since I'll be traveling.

Add me if you like.
  • cburn_317
    cburn_317 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    P90X is where I got my start! Love the program. Send me a FR!
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Im starting it again in 3 weeks!
  • mariacolumbus
    mariacolumbus Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing a P90X - Turbo Fire Hybrid - just for variety. I need to look at P90X + did not know about it. Dont think I;'m ready for P90X2 yet though!!! I think next I'll do the P90X / Insanity hybrid. Can't imagine my life without P90X now!!!!
  • terryswade
    Options
    I've done P90X 3 times. Took a break, kept up with good ol push ups, pull ups, dips and Ab ripper X. Just started a new round Monday. I'm also a Beachbody coach.

Proud of, you have come a long way. Keep pushing play.
  • Antigone
    Antigone Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm starting week three today! I did it about two years ago and got into great shape (see my avatar picture which is the motivation driving me now), lost 40 pounds, then over the last year got REALLY lazy and gained about 15-18 back.

Took two week pictures yesterday because I was discouraged I'd only lost three pounds so far and was like DANG! I forgot how much MUSCLE you grow. I look like I've lost 15! So really inspired again. I'll look up the 2012 group here and join.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    I also joined the 2012 group.

@Antigone - ya I always try and tell everyone to take pics, it really helps to see where you are at. Doing a difficult lifting program like this can really mess with your numbers on the scale, and if you don't take measurement or pics it can be discouraging. Glad to hear your pics turned out great.
  • ashli_rose
    Options
    Sunday will be last day in week three for me! I love this workout! Im glad you all have found it and are doing so well! BRING IT!!
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    I'm in my p90x classic version, i've done the lean version and Insanity de-luxe. Glad to see someone who has success with the program. bring it.
  • ifrit89
    ifrit89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I only have 3 days left of this round. Thinking of either getting Insanity or doing another round :)
  • ntillberg
    ntillberg Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just getting started again. Day 1 today.
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing insanity but I will be starting P90X in about 2 weeks. Looking forward to it! Just waiting nervously for my resisitance bands to arrive :smile:
  • pushupking
    Options
    I interviewed for my website. Paul Klein. P90X success story and beachbody coach. His facebook page to check out his transformation: https://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1804415463 He offers his clients incredible motivation and support through the P90X program via facebook..
  • pushupking
    Options
    Follow up to my previous post: I will post this thread link to his facebook and ask him to check it out.
  • reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing P90X, on day 61, but I am looking for anyone that is currently doing it, and whats a place for accountability and motivation. I've had this program for quite sometime, and have been usign the workouts off and on for awhile, but this it the first time I amd sticking with the actual program. I also have P90X +. and P90X2 ready to go when I am done with this round.

A little background on me, I am 29, and have been fighting weight my whole life, two years ago I found out my wife was pregnaunt and decided I needed to get in shape. I started out at 305 pounds, and this past Saturday I weighed in at 230, so 75 pounds gone. I am in some of the best shape of my life, and am improving everyday.

So come join the group and lets help keep each other motivated.

Also those that aren't doing P90X can join in as well, I just like to talk to like minded peple that want to get in shape, so no matter what program you are doing, come join the discussion.

Thanks for sharing your story. It was inspirational for me. I am also looking for people who have been on P90X that had a bigger weight loss goal somewhere around 50+ pounds to lose.
  • ntillberg
    Options
    Day 2 complete! 88 to go. Feels great to be working out again. One day at a time!
  • lschuttem
    lschuttem Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    what equipment do you need to do P90X? I've heard from some people that you dont need any, others say you need resistance bands, on the site it says you even need a pull-up bar?
    Im looking for a tough total body workout that doesnt require equipment, so that I can do it at home/travelling. P90X looks really promising though! I'd be excited to do it!
  • ntillberg
    Options
    At home I have a set of free weights that I picked up second hand. I also have a pull up bar at home. That's it' for equipment. Sometimes the video has you using a chair as well. When I'm at work or travelling, I pack a good pair of runners because I never know what the floor will be like, and one reistance band. ( I use the maroon P90X one.) I keep a yoga mat at work so that I can work out in the locker room on my lunch hour. I attach the band to the shower rod, and there you go. Minimal investment, minimal equipment. If you follow the program, you can't NOT get results.

I'm hurt'in today!