Options
2»

Replies

• Estrons
    Estrons Posts: 1
    Options
    8 oz skim milk
    1/2 banana
    1/2 cup strawberries or blue berries, or whatever berries you like. I keep them frozen so I don’t have to use ice.
    2 scoops EAS Whey protein chocolate

Mix with hand blender. I purchased several Blender Bottles from Bed Bath and Beyond. They work great for keeping track of how much water you drink during the day, mixing powdered supplements or these smoothies.
  • Mummsy
    Mummsy Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    4 oz Kefir
    About half the blender full of spinach
    1 scoop protien powder
    1 pear cut up
    1 half banana frozen

at the end add TBSP of coconut oil and a TBSP of chia seeds *Drink immediately after making it as chia seeds will expand. Yummy Stuff.
  • mlmcquinn
    mlmcquinn Posts: 41
    Options
    Buff Smoothie Recipe courtesy Alton Brown, 2009

Prep Time:
    10 min
    Inactive Prep Time:
    8 hr 0 min
    Serves:
    24 ounces

Ingredients
    4 ounces plain, low-fat soy milk
    4 ounces acai, grape, or pomegranate juice
    4 ounces frozen banana
    4 ounces frozen strawberries
    4 ounces frozen blueberries
    4 ounces frozen peaches

Directions
    Combine the soy milk, juice, banana, strawberries, blueberries, and the peaches in the carafe of a blender. Cover and refrigerate overnight or up to 8 hours.

In the morning, or when the fruit is partially thawed, put the carafe on the base of the blender, start at the lowest speed and slowly accelerate to medium, until you achieve a vortex. Blend on medium for 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and blend for an additional minute. Serve immediately.

***This is Alton Brown's official recipe. I do it with the fruit still frozen in the morning. My husband prefers to substitute cherries for the peaches***
  • hmb0626
    hmb0626 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!! hard to pick which one! lol
  • karievlach
    karievlach Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What are the servings for each ingredient?