Bloating!

Options
Help! Whenever I wake up in the morning my stomach looks perfect - flat and toned. But then as soon as I eat or drink ANYTHING, it looks bloated and pudgy! Here's what I typically eat most days:

Breakfast - 500 ml lemon water, 1/4 c spelt flakes cereal, 1/4 c puffed rice cereal, 1/4 granola cereal (none contain wheat), 1/2 c rice milk, 1 tsp greens powder, 3/8 tsp cinnamon, 25 blueberries, 3 strawberries

Lunch - usually sushi (salad, sashimi, one 6 piece tuna/avocado roll) or a salad

Dinner - Fish or chicken, steamed veggies or salad with protein in it.

Snack - 1/2 c cottage cheese with sliced fruit (cherries, strawberries, banana, etc), green tea

I also will have dessert with lunch or dinner one day a week, and usually end up having a full blown cheat day on saturdays. I barely eat any salt so I know that's not the problem. I'm also on the pill if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

Replies

• Cyndi1
    Cyndi1 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Just by your breakfast- I would say it's fibre. That's OK, fibre is your friend. This use to happen to me but for some reason it stoped. Eat fruit first then your breakfast to see if changes. Fruit is suppose to be eaten on an empty stomach. Good luck!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Is it time for your cycle to start? I am having the same problem
  • Barbina32
    Barbina32 Posts: 11
    Options
    I was wondering if by the end of the day if your stomach was really bothering you and bloated? I am like that as well, I wake up in the morning and I am fine and by the end of the day I am all bloated. I dread going out now because now I have to take into consideration what to wear and all that jazz because if this ongoing problem. I have gone to the doctors and had Ultra Sounds and tests and nothing has come back abnormal so now I am trying to cut out certain foods at a time to see if this is the problem!!!! Its driving me nuts though because I never used to be like this and its the worst feeling:mad:
  • palfitness
    Options
    you might be allergic to certain foods, i've had the same problem for the last 2 months, i finally went to see a doctor a little over a week ago and to my surprise, i found out i have celiac disease, also known as a gluten intolerance so now i'm working on adding gluten free foods to my diet which has helped a lot so far
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    Do you possibly have IBS? Certain foods make my IBS act up and bloating is definitely one of the indicators.
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Help! Whenever I wake up in the morning my stomach looks perfect - flat and toned. But then as soon as I eat or drink ANYTHING, it looks bloated and pudgy! Here's what I typically eat most days:

Breakfast - 500 ml lemon water, 1/4 c spelt flakes cereal, 1/4 c puffed rice cereal, 1/4 granola cereal (none contain wheat), 1/2 c rice milk, 1 tsp greens powder, 3/8 tsp cinnamon, 25 blueberries, 3 strawberries

Lunch - usually sushi (salad, sashimi, one 6 piece tuna/avocado roll) or a salad

Dinner - Fish or chicken, steamed veggies or salad with protein in it.

Snack - 1/2 c cottage cheese with sliced fruit (cherries, strawberries, banana, etc), green tea

I also will have dessert with lunch or dinner one day a week, and usually end up having a full blown cheat day on saturdays. I barely eat any salt so I know that's not the problem. I'm also on the pill if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance for any advice!!!

this happens with me. i blame gravity not food lol. lying down in bed all night everything pulls together by the time im out the shower with a cup of tea theres my belly again dang!
    but doing new workout has helped with stomach. work those abs, keeps everything held in better for me. i know im a man and things are different but when i read the post i was like thats me!