free skin tucks!

Options
somewhere in here, a few months ago, i read that it is possissable to donate your extra skin to burn units!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
therefore, getting a "free" skin tuck.:happy: :happy:
i wrote to a few people, (hospital burn units and "donateforlife.com").
one replied to me saying they only use skin from dead bodies.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well, i tried.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Replies

• Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    somewhere in here, a few months ago, i read that it is possissable to donate your extra skin to burn units!:noway: :noway: :noway: :noway:
    therefore, getting a "free" skin tuck.:happy: :happy:
    i wrote to a few people, (hospital burn units and "donateforlife.com").
    one replied to me saying they only use skin from dead bodies.:cry::cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

well, i tried.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: You are too funny! nice try. I would have never thought of trying that!:laugh:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    What a waste of perfectly good skin tissue - did those doctors never hear of recycling????:laugh:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    that is actually a really resourceful idea...i'm not about to undergo it, but i know that if you have got enough extra skin to spare, and someone needs that skin...why not. brings a tear to my eyes!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Being around the medical field, it doesn't make sense to me why they'd use skin from a dead body to do burn repair. Seems to me it'd be better to use live skin. There must be some kind of medical reason for using cadaver skin.

Interesting.
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    Being around the medical field, it doesn't make sense to me why they'd use skin from a dead body to do burn repair. Seems to me it'd be better to use live skin. There must be some kind of medical reason for using cadaver skin.

Interesting.

My guess would be that its free, and the doctors normally don't have to worry about the lawsuit to follow for not putting the skin back together neatly on a dead body.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options

Interesting.

My guess would be that its free, and the doctors normally don't have to worry about the lawsuit to follow for not putting the skin back together neatly on a dead body.

That is true.
  • jamiesbeach
    Options
    After I gave birth to twins I had a tummy tuck. They took 3.5 pounds of skin off!!!!! that definitly could have been put to good use!